Virus Conspiracy, Travel, Prepping, Bitching

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe that anyone would ball-up to “debate” Rob. That’s like suicide-by-intellect (+(former)cop)).
LOL

Basically, I don't even *want* to debate any more, really. :laugh2:

Why bother? I always know what the other guy is probably going to say.

I even generally even know what to expect from a given individual after hearing his screed maybe once or twice already. It's always the same stuff, tactics-wise.

The whole process is actually kind of a snooze. :dunno:

Thanks for the compliment, though! :thumb:

--R

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL

Basically, I don't even *want* to debate any more, really. :laugh2:

Why bother? I always know what the other guy is probably going to say.

I even generally even know what to expect from a given individual after hearing his screed maybe once or twice already. It's always the same stuff, tactics-wise.

The whole process is actually kind of a snooze. :dunno:

Thanks for the compliment, though! :thumb:

--R
I disagree Rob, can you support your no debate argument?

jb_abides

Reaction score
“Every clinical decision that was made for him was done as part of a multidisciplinary team that included his caregiver, who was his surrogate family, according to the law,” Dr. DeVry Anderson told the station.

So, we have a designated caregiver superseding his wife, next of kin?!

Something's wrong with procedures, if not the law.

Perhaps his wife was hindered in moving him to another facility, but that's what I would have tried...

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
“Every clinical decision that was made for him was done as part of a multidisciplinary team that included his caregiver, who was his surrogate family, according to the law,” Dr. DeVry Anderson told the station.

So, we have a designated caregiver superseding his wife, next of kin?!

Something's wrong with procedures, if not the law.

Perhaps his wife was hindered in moving him to another facility, but that's what I would have tried...
Tough call.
Without looking into the details, perhaps the wife was mentally incapable of making decisions for him, thus the "caregiver" being the "surrogate family"?
There was apparently a court battle over custody between the wife and sister... and the article does say "Mr Hickson’s spouse, family, and the medical community were in agreement with the decision not to intubate Mr Hickson”, so apparently, ultimately, the wife was OK with it.

jb_abides

Reaction score
Tough call.
Without looking into the details, perhaps the wife was mentally incapable of making decisions for him, thus the "caregiver" being the "surrogate family"?
There was apparently a court battle over custody between the wife and sister... and the article does say "Mr Hickson’s spouse, family, and the medical community were in agreement with the decision not to intubate Mr Hickson”, so apparently, ultimately, the wife was OK with it.
Yup, I get all this -- but, why is this a news story? Someone didn't like how things came to pass. Maybe they are working a malpractice angle... :hmm:

Latest Threads