Virus Conspiracy, Travel, Prepping, Bitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Friend of mine drove from Florida back to Canada last week (and through the Carolinas) and the roads and highways were very very quiet the entire way. Plane sailing.
That's what I am thinking.

If I go, I am going to take my time and go the scenic route and take my time. I'll probably have the Blue Ridge to myself.

My ex is not thrilled that he is going beck to hang out at the fraternity house, where I am sure they won't be practicing social distancing. There are only a few cases in the entire county. I'm on the fence, but willing to do a 26-hour round trip, if need be.

spoony

Premium Member
Reaction score
I work in this sector of the economy, and yes they are. We are observing approximately a flight from the city rate easily doubling here.

On top of that Californian's are moving out at an alaming rate, which is really sad for anywhere they move to because they try to make it California where they go.

What was the reason you left California again?
"On top of that Californian's are moving out at an alaming rate, which is really sad for anywhere they move to because they try to make it California where they go."

That's a stereotype and like all stereotypes has some truth behind it. I would think most people leaving have had enough of California and it's liberal values. For those who move too Oregon and want a California frame of reference might I suggest Bend and also suggest staying there.

When I left I wanted nothing more then to leave all of that crap behind. I grew up there and know exactly how it got to be such a mess. My mom was recently in a hospital in Riverside, same one my son's were born in, which has become a disgusting third world affair. If I had my way I would like Oregon as it was a 100 years ago.

People have been leaving Cali in droves for many years while some have found refuge in some of the smaller more conservative communities within that state.

More related to the topic.

Georgia Mayor Cancels Social Distancing Order Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/georgia-mayor-cancels-social-distancing-order-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/ar-BB121Vo7?li=BBnb7Kz

s

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
When did they announce that?
Got stopped by johnny law while on the beach crabbing. Able to win the argument and he fucked off, come home and see our government has limited it to 2 persons in a boat, and for food only. No recreational fishing. I mean what the fuck?! How am I supposed to get infected when I was the only car within 10km of beach?! It's getting silly.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
so now we're going up against the cartels in mexico.

while important, is this a red herring?
I wonder if the Coasties and SEALs will have surprised looks if some of those ships have a Chinese crew or visited a port there.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
I went into the office to pick up my monitor and a few peripherals (with permission). The weird part was the dust on things after two weeks that made the place feel abandoned.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
so now we're going up against the cartels in mexico.

while important, is this a red herring?
I don’t know if it’s a red herring or not, I’d like to believe it’s not. My personal opinion is that we should expend all ordnance on them until they stop wiggling. They are destroying at least two beautiful countries.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Watching MASH-Potter_ "I don't give a Tinker's Dam...
Dave told me this when in PM when I was "explaining my plight."--"C'mon Dave THEY PICKING ON ME....
I didn't listen.......then......NO ENTRY......

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
@spoony Please refrain from going political. There's too much wr have to clean up as it is.

Reactions: Who

05jrock

Reaction score
Got stopped by johnny law while on the beach crabbing. Able to win the argument and he fucked off, come home and see our government has limited it to 2 persons in a boat, and for food only. No recreational fishing. I mean what the fuck?! How am I supposed to get infected when I was the only car within 10km of beach?! It's getting silly.
I was out fishing on Sunday at Nudgee beach, There were people around in groups but everyone was keeping their distance from other groups.
The cops would have been kept busy out there

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
Just looked this up, and basically if you can justify it for food you might get away. But the problem is that the QPS have been given a VERY wide scope with discretion. That means that because the officer that I spoke to doesn't fish or can't catch a feed didn't 'get it'. He asked why I just don't go to the shops to buy crab. I laughed at him pointed to the ocean and said "because there's less people out there.". Twat.
The 'new' law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads