Virtuoso guitar polish?

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
So who uses it? Does it do a good job of polishing out surface scratches, such as from pick marks and polishing swirls?

boyscout

GAS study patient member
Reaction score
Try this:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Zymol-Z503A-Cleaner-Wax-oz/dp/B0009JKIRC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[/ame]

Yeah, seriously. Search here for discussion about it.

Works very well, costs about 1/4 as much as supposedly-specialized guitar waxes. In fact, Zymol makes one of those costs-four-times-as-much guitar polishes... nearly-molecularly-identical, you'd never see the difference on your guitar.

Fritz44

Reaction score
Works amazing but I could only find it on Amazon for 20 bucks USD plus S/H

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I use Virtuoso Cleaner and Virtuoso Polish on all my guitars. Highly recommended! I used the cleaner and the polish to de-VOS my 2013 R9. You can see what's possible here in this thread.

Even if it is priced a little high, a bottle will last you several years. This isn't the place to look at saving a few bucks.

sc-closer

Reaction score
They sell Virtuoso in Guitar Center for about $10 a bottle.

I use it. Works very well. The cleaner is good at getting the cloudiness out of the lacquer from sweat.

ZWILDZR1

Reaction score
I use Meguiar's polish and swirl remover and their NXT wax on my poly guitars and it does great just like on my black Vette. On my nitro Gibson I use their own polish. I did use the NXT once but I know everyone cringes at doing this so I just use the Gibson stuff but wouldn't mind trying out the Virtuoso. Or you could just use spit and a clean rag like that guy Scott on YouTube recommends. :applause:

93LPStudio

Reaction score
I use Naphtha if really a lot of build up, if not I use the Virtuoso cleaner, however, I do NOT use the Virtuoso polish. I do not like the paste type wax residue it leaves an can never get buffed out good. I instead use Gibson Pump Polish and have the best results with it.

Lefty Adams

Reaction score
my guitar tech reckons it's very similar to T-Cut, certainly smells similar ..

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
I love the stuff! if you spend some time with it it works wonders,its all i use,before and after is amazing! before and after of my 78 custom..hope it helps!
Are you shitting me? That looks like a completely different guitar!!! SOLD!!!!

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
They sell Virtuoso in Guitar Center for about $10 a bottle.

I use it. Works very well. The cleaner is good at getting the cloudiness out of the lacquer from sweat.
I checked GC website and doesn't show that they sell it??

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've used Virtuoso cleaner and polish on my Les Pauls. No better than Zymöl. In fact I rate Zymöl superior to Virtuoso...

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I checked GC website and doesn't show that they sell it??
I've seen it in the local GC, but never on their website.

I usually just get mine from Amazon… for $25, you get about a 3 year supply - even if you clean & polish 3-4X/year. So what, if it costs and extra $5? It shows up on my doorstep in 2 days. And, I don't have to deal with the hassle of checking out at Guitarget. Or, risk buying something else that I don't need :)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Virtuoso-Premium-Instrument-Polish-Cleaner/dp/B0088Q50BM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406729557&sr=8-1&keywords=virtuoso+guitar+cleaner"]Virtuoso Cleaner & Polish at Amazon[/ame]

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
I love the stuff! if you spend some time with it it works wonders,its all i use,before and after is amazing! before and after of my 78 custom..hope it helps!
Not only did the color seem to change change, the polish removed that pesky pick guard too?

Latest Threads