Violent Femmes

jkes01

Reaction score
Was the customer's radio. As a typical rule I hate listening to radio at work. This experience reminded me why.
Just being a smart a**. I know, nothing worse than having to listen to radio that makes you want to stab your eardrums with your carpenters pencil.

I worked in shops where the radio had a huge pile of bondo on the tuner knob. :shock:

defcrew

Reaction score
Just being a smart a**. I know, nothing worse than having to listen to radio that makes you want to stab your eardrums with your carpenters pencil.

I worked in shops where the radio had a huge pile of bondo on the tuner knob. :shock:
haha....I've never really been a radio guy. The ads and yapping that take up half the time are annoying on their own. Back in the day the guys I worked with played Solid Gold Soul and local gospel stations which was cool for a while but they play the same tunes over and over just like rock stations. Those oldies stations are pretty much done now it seems. i guess the oldies are basically classic rock stations now. Hearing 96 Tears and Monster Mash was never my idea of fun but I did dig the old soul stuff and got turned on to people like Lee Williams on the gospel stations. But it makes time crawl by to me. A little peace and quiet and time for the inner monologue at work is AOK by me. It gives me great ideas like that I should post how horrible Violent Femmes are when I get home!

stringbender11

Reaction score
[QUOTE="defcrew, post: 9096472, member: 25132"}Tell me why I'm wrong.
[/QUOTE]

You're not wrong my brutha. I remember the VF well from the 80's, never could understand how anyone could listen to their sh*t. And I say this as someone who listened to EVERYONE. Just could not stand those guy though, lol.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
They look AND sound like a Church basement Saturday afternoon Teen Community gathering band.
There, I said it.
They suck.
Big time.

defcrew

Reaction score
The Violent Femmes bring all their equipment on the bus.
Is there a way we could get them to keep it there? I mentioned them to a friend of mine today and he said, "I think every sorority girl gets a VF CD upon joining the sisterhood."

Imma pick the best worst VF song and play it back to back with Black Eyed Peas "Lady Lumps" and see which is actually the very worst music ever recorded. Once this is decided it will be turned over to Homeland Security for less humane interrogation technique.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way better than Aerosmith. Not really punk though. Innovative I’d say. I enjoyed them as a youth.

<gator>

Reaction score
Way better than Aerosmith. Not really punk though. Innovative I’d say. I enjoyed them as a youth.
If you had to classify them I’d call them country punk or folk punk. I don’t really understand the vitriol against them - they were pretty good musicians and their live jams were legendary.

I’d put them in the same sort of category as Ween or the Reverend Horton Heat.

defcrew

Reaction score
Which is more humane--water boarding or VF?

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
I used to listen to them because the chick I was nailing did.....but for the time period The Pixies kicked their ass.

parts

Reaction score
Coming to The Brooklyn Bowl.. LV I won't be there..maybe less Violent now it seems.. Hey..if it makes a few $$ they should grab some.. Just not mine.. Maybe stage clothes ?

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sadly, we used to do "Blister" and "Gone Daddy".... for some reason only known to people with 2 brain cells, these songs went over so well. I used to hope that they would bomb, so we would be able to remove them from the set list. But, no... chicks... yes... women.... loved both of them.

We still do "Blister" now & again.... "Gone Daddy" went in the dumpster (thank god).

defcrew

Reaction score
OK, it has been credibly established that they are a viable monetary entity with supporters which begs the question--which is more of a threat to all that is decent--Al Qaudea or VF? I struggle to spell either one so there's that.

Latest Threads