Vintage Stoptail Studs Question

WayneLawKid

Reaction score
This may be the lamest post in the vintage section in some time, but I recently picked up some vintage stoptail studs for my 61' 335 and notice that the edges on the tops of the studs are slightly beveled (see photos below). The length is vintage correct 1.5" and the wear screams era-correct, but I am thrown by the slight beveling on the transition from the flat top of the studs. Has anyone seen this? Thoughts? Just want to make sure that a received what I paid for.

IMG_3143.jpg
IMG_3144.jpg

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just checked my '63, and they are NOT beveled.

Where did you buy the studs? That might be the bigger indicator of whether they are real or not.

WayneLawKid

Reaction score
I just checked my '63, and they are NOT beveled.

Where did you buy the studs? That might be the bigger indicator of whether they are real or not.
Yeah, the studs on my 58' and 60' are not beveled either. That raised my eyebrows.

I reached out to the seller and they apologized and and immediately refunded. In fairness, I will not name them as I believe it was an oversight and their customer service was excellent. It was a pro seller though, not some random individual. New vintage pair on the way.

Latest Threads