Vintage Parts Sale

none2low

Reaction score
Listing up a handful of vintage parts I've been holding onto for future use.

I've tried to price everything fairly given the scarcity, availability, and in some cases rarity.

I don't really want to part with this stuff, but need to clear up some funds for my daughter's orthodontist.

All prices include shipping.

No fee payment options are Cash, PayPal friends and family or Personal/Business check. If you are not comfortable with sending money direct I can send a PayPal invoice with fees added in (price plus 3%)

First up -

1953 Kluson no line tuners with original buttons. (Includes repro ferrules) - Asking $525 $500 obo

These came off a 1953 gold top, but would be correct for a 1952 - 1956 Les Paul. One shaft slightly bent. Tuners are functional, but tight due to old grease. Should be flushed and relubed for best performance.

Next -

1953 Lightweight Gibson thin ear wraptail bridge with original studs. Asking $450 $425 obo

[/URL]

As you can see it has some string grooves from use, but is still usable as is with no cracks or breaks. These are getting harder and harder to find.

Next -

1960's Gibson 3ply b/w/b "CUSTOM" truss rod cover. Asking $150 $135 obo

Next -

1950's Gibson gold knob pointers. Asking $65 $60 obo

Next - ***** SOLD *****

I believe this is a late 60's Gibson M8 tall bridge pickup ring. Mould marks and foundry stamp present. Asking $45 obo

And last, but not least -

1950's Lightweight Gibson gold wraptail bridge with original studs. Asking $800 $750 obo

The story I've been told on this bridge is that in late 1953/early 1954 due to a production delay with the regular stoptail, Gibson took existing stock of nickel wraptail bridges and has them gold plated for the first release of the new "Les Paul Custom" This bridge was only used very briefly on some of the earliest examples.

This bridge appeared once more very briefly in 1959 on the ES-345. Again, due to a production delay Gibson pulled from their remaining stock of gold plated wraptail bridges to keep production of the ES- 345 moving along.

**edit to ad** I can't confirm or deny the information above regarding the gold wraptails. Mine doesn't appear to have been used as a standard stoptail, however drilling for ball ends would have been a simple process for Gibson.

I'm including a reference link to Cream City Music which documents another '53 gold wraptail used on a LPC (I have no affiliation with them and no information on the guitar they sold)

Please feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer. If you are a serious buyer and need pictures of something specific just ask and I'll be happy to provide them. The pictures posted represent all items accurately.

Again, I've tried to price all items fairly, but if you disagree and want to make me an offer the worst I can say is no.

Happy new year to all!

Last edited:

none2low

Reaction score
Moving on up...

*** M8 Pickup Ring Sold - Thanks James

Last edited:

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great deal and super fast shipping!

none2low

Reaction score
^^^^ Now open to trades/trade plus cash, but cash sales take priority.