Vintage or High $$$ Effects !!! Who Owns Them ???

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
I love good old vintage stompbox type effects !!! You know the ones , That take up huge amounts of pedalboard terrain or just take up large amounts of dollars to procure !!! Anybody here have either vintage or big money / boutique effects pedals !!! Show'em , Talk about'em !!! Post pics !!! :thumb:

pedals&

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Someday I will own them all! muhahahahhahaha!

rickym

Reaction score
This is what I use:
RicksPedalboard.jpg

'72 Thomas CryBaby>early 90s Boss DS-1>'81 Ibanez TS808>'06 Crowther HotCake>'85 Ibanez CSL Chorus>'86 (I think) Ibanez DL10 Delay. Save for the DS-1, a little boutique, a little vintage.

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
HotCake is a great OD !!! Had one , Sold it !!! :shock:

Silverbursted

Reaction score
Currently the only effect I have is a Zakk Wylde wah, but would like to experiment with some pedals. What would be the order of effects from guitar to amp in general?

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Currently the only effect I have is a Zakk Wylde wah, but would like to experiment with some pedals. What would be the order of effects from guitar to amp in general?

Here is my setup.. I remove pedals in and out, but if I was to use a bunch of them, here's my order:

FX loop: Send -> phaser -> flanger -> chorus -> pitch shifter -> EQ -> sonic stomp -> delay -> Return

Guitar -> tuner -> wah/volume pedal -> compressor -> buffer -> fuzz -> OCD -> distortion 1 -> distortion 2 -> distortion 3 (sometimes) -> noise suppressor -> AMP

monroe

Reaction score
I sold a vintage Ross Compressor and an original script logo Phase 100 and made enough money to get a CC2/NOS germanium, a Keeley Comp and two concert tickets!

madams17

Reaction score
How much are these now?
I don't know its price, since I got it off a trade (DM2 + Wah) off my MG15DFX amp.

Great trade!!!

I bought mine years ago at a pawn shop for $25 and sold it for more than $180 on ebay a few years ago.

banditguitarist1

Reaction score
i have an Ibanez WH-10 thats the rarest pedal I have its from the 80's and I paid 300 for it on ebay. It's famous for being the favored wah of John Frusciante (RHCP Guitarist).

Its a very sweet wah with tone controls and a switch to be used for Bass or guitar it's one of my favorite wahs. Sadly its made of plastic which was the major flaw that I think doomed it sales wise, so you can't really stomp it to hard.

ibawh10.jpg

huw

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think I've mentioned this one before, but it's definitely "boutique": a Pete Cornish SS3/G2 duplex pedal...

G-2_SS-3&

Current list price £720.10 (not quite so much when I got mine) putting it well & truely at the higher end of the price range.

What I keep trying to emphasise to people who choke at the price is that this pedal was the biggest bargain I have ever bought because it sounds fantastic - no it sounds perfect - whatever I want to do. If it broke I wound buy another without hesitation, & no I'm not rich, I just apreciate the value & the quality of the tone.

This thing makes any amp with a good loud clean sound into whatever kind of overdriven/distorted/sustainy/just breaking up/etc etc that I can think of. By using either of the two sides of the pedal, which have very different characters & gain ranges, or by combining the two together I always have exactly the tone that I want - and that's priceless!

I've used it successfully with a lot of different amps but currently I have it paired with a Fender Super Reverb & I honestly can't remember the last gig I played when I didn't get a compliment about the sound.

The perfect drive pedal (for me...) in every way.

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Own a Fulltone Overdrive II signed, numbered from last century.
Have a Phase shifter from the seventies. Mutron Phaser II

mutron2.jpg

Believe it or not my most expensive out board gear is a rare Peavey Tube preamp for recording.
Peavey VMP 2
peaveyvmp21.gif

Mr. Fuzzy

Reaction score
Just scratching the surface of my pile of stompers.
To lazy to photo most of the stuff. No "reissues" in this pile

effects.jpg

ibanez_stomp.jpg

GibsonSlash

Reaction score
From what I read, the original (not reissue) TS-808 has:
- dash ("-") in between TS and 808 and
- registered mark ® after the Ibanez logo (Ibanez®)

TS808&

Anyway that's a great collection you got there :thumb:

Latest Threads