VINTAGE GIBSON SHAW PAFS 137 CODE ZEBRAS

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Premium Member
Reaction score
FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION...

I have a set of 137 code Gibson Shaw PAF pickups.

Leads are plenty long for Les Pauls.

Bridge is 7.65. Neck is 7.19

These are the best of the best post-50s PAF style pickups out there!!! If you are looking for monster tone....these are the pickups you want in your Les Paul!!!

No issues.

$500 plus insured shipping

Thanks for looking!

IMG_2124 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2125 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2126 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2127 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2128 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2129 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2130 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2131 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

Caretaker

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Most people(like me) are broke or close to it.
You`ll get it, but may have to wait 3, 4 or 10 weeks.

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am I asking too much? I thought that was the going rate for zebra Shaws?
You're in the ballpark, I've seen higher, even 600 or more. I can't afford it.. But that doesn't change the market rate!

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
FYI If anyone is curious, as I was about the 137 1080 numbering scheme on the top pickup I did some digging and found some info on it. Seems we are looking at a very early (80-81) date stamp that started with the Heritage 80 series.

I had read about a change in the date code, but this is the first time I had seen the original format.

I posted deetz with other examples here in the Heresy thread.

https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/cupcake-heresy-pony-4-stacks-of-plexi.409907/post-9260776

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
I would never comment negatively on price in a for sale thread, and think anyone else that does is wrong for doing so.....if you want to know my thoughts on you price-point, you are welcome to PM me....I simply meant “good luck”

The most desirable are double creams, and I have only seen a handful of those.

FWIW @DarrellV I own a set earlier that 1080 (oct. 1980) that are in the other format, so I would not put much stock in that....they also happen to be double creams.

pmonk

Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly, the first three digits indicate neck or bridge and the last digits indicate mm/yyyy

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would never comment negatively on price in a for sale thread, and think anyone else that does is wrong for doing so.....if you want to know my thoughts on you price-point, you are welcome to PM me....I simply meant “good luck”

The most desirable are double creams, and I have only seen a handful of those.

FWIW @DarrellV I own a set earlier that 1080 (oct. 1980) that are in the other format, so I would not put much stock in that....they also happen to be double creams.
I didn’t mean any I’ll will. I just didn’t want to be out of line with my pricing. I figured I was in the ballpark. It always comes down to what someone is willing to pay, just like with any vintage gear.

Caretaker

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
They would make my Heritage more "right" but the cash just isn`t here at the moment.
Best of luck.
You always have the coolest stuff, but always when I`m broke. LOL