Vintage brand Les Paul

chunktone

Reaction score
Greetings!
Anyone know anything about these? They look pretty nice for the$.

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
There are older early 80s Vintage branded Strats and LP's etc that are pretty nice but I see you are referring to the new stuff.

ajory72

Reaction score
Greetings!
Anyone know anything about these? They look pretty nice for the$.

One a Trev Wilkinson's babies - all Wilkinson parts - made in Asia somewhere [not Japan]
I haven't heard anything bad about them. Wilkinson pickups arent all that bad - low end guitars.

Plenty of low end guitars around - but Trev seems to have his own niche there..... plus im sure plenty of blokes asked their wives for a vintage guitar and ended up with one of these!

bad565ss

Reaction score
I am quite tempted by the Vintage VS130 Reissued.
Cherry finish double cut Junior listed at $379.

Hydrasports205

Reaction score
I took a Vintage brand SG on trade for a les paul one time. It wasn't bad at all but I would have to say I liked the Epi SG's I've had better.

tosh78

Reaction score
Yeap. I owned one les paul. Very nice guitars but quite heavy. Mine was around 11 pounds. That was the only reason I sold it. I didn't like the pickups either, so I replaced them with Seymour Duncans and it ended up being a very nice guitar. I fully recommend them if you're ok with the weight.

valek

Reaction score
Supposedley they used to punch well above their price ranged, but it seems they have upped their game (and prices) considerably. This Midge Ure endorsed signature looks pretty tasty though. From what i've read he uses those exact guitars!

Jim_E

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't own any of them

in this pricerange I'd go the epiphone route

Take the advice above.

I once spent a couple hours in a music store playing about 6 of their guitars, there wasn't one that didn't need a luthiers attention in a big way.

Even if they were perfectly set up they still sounded like ****, so ya, buy an Epi at least it'll play/sound decent and have some resale value.

garybaldy

Reaction score
A friend has the Lemon Drop and that's very nice. He's installed Shed Peter Green pickups.
I don't have a Vintage LP but I do have their Mick Abrahams SG - a lovely guitar but someone had installed Duncan stacked P90s. I have some Irongear P90s to go in it shortly.
I also have a Vintage Geoff Whitehorn Sig strat type with H/S/S configuration.
The lower tone knob is actually a gradual coil split for the humbucker.
Geoff is known to have used one of this model with Procol Harum. So at least he and I think it's pretty good.

stilllifer

Reaction score
I once spent a couple hours in a music store playing about 6 of their guitars, there wasn't one that didn't need a luthiers attention in a big way.

This. I tried one out a few years ago and the first time I slid my hand down to play around the 17th fret I almost split my fingers open. The frets were super sharp...brutal...

Latest Threads