Vintage 1971 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty

indeedido

Reaction score
I'm selling my vintage 1971 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty in overall good condition! The tone has really developed into something magical and rich that only vintage wood can produce. I bought it a few years ago from the original owner who was a studio session player in L.A. The guitar is all original except for the pickups. The original owner had put an original set of Seymour Duncan The JB and Jazz in it in the mid ‘70s. I replaced the bridge and neck pickup with Custombuckers from my 2013 ’59 Reissue and the middle pickup is a CreamTone A3 Deluxe. Lonnie at CreamTone aged the pickup covers to match the guitar.

I put on the 59er Parts aged reflector knobs, but the original witch hat knobs are in the case (see pic). Waffleback tuners, CTS pots (pot codes read 13771142), bridge, tailpiece, knobs, pointers, pickguard all original. This was the original owner's main studio guitar before I purchased it and it is a player’s grade guitar and plays and feels phenomenal. I’ve noted the play wear on the high and low side of the neck as well as the top of the headstock. This is real and honest wear as well as the kind of vintage wear people pay big money for on Murphy Aged guitars. It is clean and was never abused.

No checking in the paint. No breaks, cracks or repairs, neck is straight as an arrow. Nothing frets out, no buzz. I had it refretted last year as the fretless wonder frets were just too low to bend. It is fretted with the same size Jascar frets that are on the ’59 Reissues. It sounds and plays great; all the classic tones are there. Plays perfectly. Sounds incredible! The frets sit on a real ebony fretboard! Weighs in at 9lbs 12oz. Includes Gibson USA hardshell case with silk shroud.

I'm having a big purge, I just have more cool gear than I can use. $3100 shipped

Last edited:

judson

Reaction score
oh wow :wow:

your killin me with that..that looks like a perfect player at a great price...my opinion

a black custom has crept onto my GAS list but the timing isnt good for me :(

GLWS...it should move pretty quick :yesway:

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
What a cool guitar and a great price. GLWTS.

You don't happen to have those original pickups do you; The JB Model & Jazz? If you do and are willing to sell, we could probably work something out. I've been looking for a "The JB Model" labeled pickup for a while.

Thanks.

indeedido

Reaction score
I sold them a couple months ago. Wish I hadn't but they were just sitting around. They sounded extraordinary. I should have hung on to them.

What a cool guitar and a great price. GLWTS.

You don't happen to have those original pickups do you; The JB Model & Jazz? If you do and are willing to sell, we could probably work something out. I've been looking for a "The JB Model" labeled pickup for a while.

Thanks.

frontline205

Reaction score
I'm in the Market for a new vintage les paul, and that beauty is calling me. Regardless awesome axe you got there

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest Threads