Vintage 1964/65 Gibson ES335- 100% stock, zero issues and all early spec with fat ‘59 neck!

Jumping@shadows

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hi all, here’s a rare bird- a very early ‘65 serial number, iced tea sunburst 335 with 100% ‘64 ‘Clapton’ spec of all nickel parts, factory stoptail, wide 1 11/16” nut and BRW board, the highly coveted very chunky ‘59 neck carve, ‘60 short magnet PAF spec PAT No’s and all the other good stuff!

This is absolutely bone stock with zero issues or modifications, and has been played for countless hours as evidenced by the natural neck wear, but is in great cosmetic and playing condition, and sounds INCREDIBLE!

It’s very rare to find a truly fat necked vintage 335, even in the late ‘50s, and this is right in the Goldilocks ‘58/‘59 chunky D sweet spot, so feels just wonderful in the hand, and makes for effortless playing.

The pot codes are late ‘64, pickups are factory sealed, and every last screw and component is as it left the factory, and it’s complete with its Lifton ‘Built Like A Fortress’ yellow lined case.

100% original, no issues stoptail 335’s remain one of the most desirable vintage guitars in the market, and you’d have to luck into a $30-35k early ‘59 dot neck to find this chunky neck profile, so it’s a great opportunity for a player or collector seeking a solid investment with all the most desirable specs at a greatly reduced outlay.

Price is $14,750 and full detailed photos are available on request, and I can ship worldwide.

Thanks for looking, J@S.

RCCola

Reaction score
Somebody was playing a ton of notes high up on the neck! Never seen a fingerboard like that!

kakerlak

Reaction score
Somebody was playing a ton of notes high up on the neck! Never seen a fingerboard like that!
More likely strumming across the end of the fretboard. Killer 335!

mcgeorge

Reaction score
Such a beautiful 335- I love it!
Would you put some more pics up for us?

Latest Threads