Vineham vs. Wolftone PAF?

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
I was initially looking at Wolftone Legends or their Dr. Vintage PAFs but then heard about Vineham. The fact that he is also Canadian and his prices are in our currency is kind of appealing right now with the ridiculous exchange rate. However, I haven't seen many reviews or comparisons and there are scarce youtube vids. If anyone has tried PAFs from both, would love to hear your opinions.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I haven't tried his PAFs (not my kind of pup). However, his 6070 and Whiskey Sour are the best humbuckers I've ever heard. Vineham is a no brainer and will be my go-to for pickups as long as he winds.

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
Hmm, part of the problem is that there are lots of vids with people getting fairly good clean and overdriven tones out of the Wolftones but none that sound so great for the Vinehams. But a few people on here like them. Tough to make a decision based on either of those things...

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't speaak to the Vinehams but I do own several sets of Wolfetones. I have a set of Legends in my R9 that are never coming out. Marshallhead bridge and Dr Vintage neck in my Classic that kicks ass as well. Buddy of mine has Dr Vintage in both of his 335's and they are nice as well. Give Wolfe a call, helluva nice guy.

bad565ss

Reaction score
While not a bucker I recently purchased a P90 from Craig. I have Lollar and Duncan in other guitars and I like the Vineham pickup the most. It was also 30% and 40% cheaper than the aforementioned pickups.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I too have a 6070's and a Whiskey Sour set of Vinehams.
If I ever need another pickup, I go back to Vineham Pickups.

Craig is a quality winder and lives right here in Canada.
His prices are super reasonable to boot.

David Garner

Reaction score
I’ve never owned Vineham, but Wolfe’s Dr. Vintage set is fantastic. I can’t imagine the Legends wouldn’t be as well.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I've got a set of Vinehams in my Charvel. V59 in the neck, Granite with an Alnico 2 in the bridge.

They're the only set of his I've ever played and I've never played Wolfetones so obviously very limited experience on my part, but they sound great.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same boat. I want to try some Vinehams, but there just aren't enough vids or anything for me to get a good feel on them. I'll probably get a set sometime soon and just find out for myself. I haven't yet had any Wolfetones either.

Deftone

Reaction score
Wolfetones have worked for me, I tend to stick with what's proven.

Never tried Vinehams, no comment on those.

bad565ss

Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same boat. I want to try some Vinehams, but there just aren't enough vids or anything for me to get a good feel on them. I'll probably get a set sometime soon and just find out for myself. I haven't yet had any Wolfetones either.
I had to go this way myself. I'm not disappointed.

Benjammin

Reaction score
The Vineham pickup I had were great, thinking of buying some more

mdubya

Reaction score
Every set of Wolfetones I have played have been great. I have heard enough good things about Vinehams from people I respect and trust to have faith that they are great pickups, too.

I just don't have enough $$$$ or guitars that need pickups to buy them all. :oops:

Latest Threads