Video review of my '74 Les Paul Custom

King Loudness

Reaction score

Hey all,

Thought some folks here on MLP might dig this review I did of my Norlin era '74 LP Custom. Despite having lived a rock n' roll lifestyle, it's a great guitar and I really enjoy playing it. I haven't had a 70s Custom with the original T Tops before, so it's a treat to have this one in the collection. Enjoy!

W.

LOSTVENTURE

Reaction score
I had both of the '68 models and loved them dearly. I'm sort of dissapointed that the speed frets are no longer installed on Gibsons. Even my TH54 has a slightly higher fret than what you would have actually seen in the 50's model Customs.

King Loudness

Reaction score
I had both of the '68 models and loved them dearly. I'm sort of dissapointed that the speed frets are no longer installed on Gibsons. Even my TH54 has a slightly higher fret than what you would have actually seen in the 50's model Customs.
Interesting. To be honest, I'm likely going to re-fret this guitar; it has some buzzes and rattles due to fret wear, and it's a real fight to bend strings, but for speedy type lines without bending, the frets are a nice thing for sure.

W.

ARandall

Reaction score
I think you are the first person I have ever heard say this.

Most are very glad to have even the low wides from the Norlin era guitars replaced, let alone the fretless wonders on the very originals.