(Video) Marshall JCM800 20W (SC20) - My "official" demo LOL

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Spot on! I have used a couple of (slightly earlier than JCM 800) JMP 2203 100W heads for about the last 25 years. Only kept one, but it's the amp I always go back to for live work. For me, they just cut through the mix for rhythm parts, and OK, they deafen everyone a little bit when you let rip, but it does say Marshall on the front, so people should know...

Joking aside, your demo definitely has the sound of my favourite amp ever. Don't know much about the speaker you are using it with, but I foolishly sold a 4x12 loaded with '73 G12H30 75Hz speakers in it (still owned by a fellow that appreciates them, Pulsonic cones and everything). That, for me, was the fully "trouser flapping" sound of the original Master Volume Marshalls. To have that at 20 watts must be pretty damn cool, because the "parent" amp is pretty deafening at the volume it starts to rock.

Thanks for sharing the demo - it is indeed an amazing representation of what a Les Paul can sound like. My sort of thing!

Liam

Del Rei

Reaction score
Spot on! I have used a couple of (slightly earlier than JCM 800) JMP 2203 100W heads for about the last 25 years. Only kept one, but it's the amp I always go back to for live work. For me, they just cut through the mix for rhythm parts, and OK, they deafen everyone a little bit when you let rip, but it does say Marshall on the front, so people should know...

Joking aside, your demo definitely has the sound of my favourite amp ever. Don't know much about the speaker you are using it with, but I foolishly sold a 4x12 loaded with '73 G12H30 75Hz speakers in it (still owned by a fellow that appreciates them, Pulsonic cones and everything). That, for me, was the fully "trouser flapping" sound of the original Master Volume Marshalls. To have that at 20 watts must be pretty damn cool, because the "parent" amp is pretty deafening at the volume it starts to rock.

Thanks for sharing the demo - it is indeed an amazing representation of what a Les Paul can sound like. My sort of thing!

Liam
Thanks Liam.
Glad to know this video had some good feedback.
I never played that big Plexi but I guess it has all the great classic tone we know in the rock history. This 20W probably won't have same punch and feel compared to the big brothers (if you put side by side), but certainly have that Marshall blood that we all love.
Have a good day, man.

Mr Insane

Reaction score
Hi there.

Just recorded this one. Great amp, classic tones!
Marshall + Gibson Les Paul = Heaven. LOL

Used my Isobox + Celestion Creamback65 + SM57 + e906.
Some parts I used a boost (as indicated in the video)
Some reverb from reaper!
\o/

I didn't know you were on MLP. I have been following your youtube channel for some time. Love your demos of the various Friedman amps.

Del Rei

Reaction score
I didn't know you were on MLP. I have been following your youtube channel for some time. Love your demos of the various Friedman amps.
Hey, man!
How are you?
Thanks for this kind of comment! :cheers2:
I'm not a very present user in this forum, but I really like it.
These days I've beed busy at work, can't record videos as I would like, but I'm trying...:dude:

Latest Threads