vid... finger painting on iPad of Morgan Freeman

TLI-Inferno

Reaction score
That's really, really cool, but there are some things in that which simply could not have been done with actual fingerpainting. For instance, the tiny, perfectly circular, reflection in the eye, which is about as big around as the head of a needle.

I have a feeling the person making this used some other objects on the screen besides their fingers to accomplish this.

Still, it's absolutely amazing. It's just not really a finger painting.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
computer trickery, do it on a canvas with actual paint and I'm impressed.

On a computer with filters and effects? When you can move the entire eye to the side a little bit to adjust thing? meh.

That's just digital sculpting with a limitless "redo" button.

Real paint, real clay, real tools,...then it's impressive.

You'd have to understand light source and colors, line values and such, to do it on a computer,....you'd have to understand art and illustration,....but it's just not "real" to me. Not at all.

It is a lot harder to paint with real paint then to use a computer. Infinitely harder.

....plus using a computer is too clean. ...get your hands dirty.

nauc

Reaction score
computer trickery, do it on a canvas with actual paint and I'm impressed.

On a computer with filters and effects? When you can move the entire eye to the side a little bit to adjust thing? meh.

That's just digital sculpting with a limitless "redo" button.

Real paint, real clay, real tools,...then it's impressive.

You'd have to understand light source and colors, line values and such, to do it on a computer,....you'd have to understand art and illustration,....but it's just not "real" to me. Not at all.

It is a lot harder to paint with real paint then to use a computer. Infinitely harder.

....plus using a computer is too clean. ...get your hands dirty.

better? :D

id love to have this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS9mFfxHdfs]VOKA - J. HENDRIX - SPONTANEOUS REALISM 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Much better. That's a beautiful piece of art. I like the colors and the mood.

Latest Threads