Vid demo: aged Jimmy Page #1 vs aged Jimmy Page #2 WLL from TSRTS boogie mama

Which guitar's sound do you prefer in the vids below?

• Jimmy Page #1

Votes: 55 58.5%
  • Jimmy Page #2

Votes: 39 41.5%

• Total voters

relaxo

Reaction score
PS - I met and went up and talked to Robert Anthony on the street four years ago. It was at Broadway and Houston in NYC. I'm glad I had the balls...it tickles me every time I think about meeting Mr. Midnight movie himself. (The only Zep my generation got was twice a year the midnight movie, the Song Remains the Same...Zeppelin was never on TV.)

I went and saw all the big concerts of the day...just the movie Song Remains the Same at the cinema was always better than even standing in the first ten rows at the Stones, Who, Deep Purple etc etc. Zepp is THAT good to me.

I'll give up all other rock music...just don't take away my I + II and "Since I've Been Loving You" and "No Quarter."

Gaetano

Reaction score
No. They are identical. I don't hear any confusion in either of them.

I've had to lower the volume of the first video in order to make it just the same as the second one.

I'm asking because the difference could have been in the recording setting. If it's not, #1 sounds clearly better than #2 IMHO. And it looks better, too. (always IMHO).

Sweet guitars you have there, i hope to get a JPP Vos one day, who knows...

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just joshin'!!!! You must not like British sarcastic humor:laugh2:

JimmyAce2006, the only thing questionable about you I've found is your interior design abilities.

Oh, I was not offended. Sorry if my response came off that way. And yes, interior design needs to be updated!

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You're selling your new JP?

Yeah, I think so, if I can get the right price. I have wrestled with selling it ever since I got it. I have the signed one which is actually a nicer guitar. But I don't want to play it. So I got the other one. Now I have 2 #2s. And i will rarely play either one! Wouldn't it be better to have two #1s? haha Actually, I don't like having guitars in my collection that I will not play occasionally, and I do not like redundancy. And Since i won't be selling the signed one any time soon, might as well go ahead & sell the non signed one. Very interested in an aged Bloom or aged PG.

fretnot

Reaction score
Yeah, I think so, if I can get the right price. I have wrestled with selling it ever since I got it. I have the signed one which is actually a nicer guitar. But I don't want to play it. So I got the other one. Now I have 2 #2s. And i will rarely play either one! Wouldn't it be better to have two #1s? haha Actually, I don't like having guitars in my collection that I will not play occasionally, and I do not like redundancy. And Since i won't be selling the signed one any time soon, might as well go ahead & sell the non signed one. Very interested in an aged Bloom or aged PG.

Makes sense. You can dollar cost average your way to a cheaper guitar that you'll actually use. :dude:

Daeborn

Reaction score
Both are nice but on your recording #1 has a warmer/richer tone which I like better.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here is the original video, but someone sped it up slightly in order to beat the copyright filter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHKE2MnF1E8]YouTube - Led Zeppelin-Boogie Mama[/ame]

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
maybe i should combine the vids & see how both guitars sound together!

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What, you're selling the #2 in the video above?!?

Yes. I have a signed one. I won't play either of my #2's enough to justify having both. I could use the cash for a different guitar.

relaxo

Reaction score
So the the signed one or the unsigned one is going to the block?

tele52

Reaction score
I like #2, both sound great. But 2 sounds bigger.

fretboarder

Reaction score
this is something i wanted see thanks johnny :applause:

to me number 1 sounded more like jimmy page it just sounds like a more lively dynamic sounding guitar..
doesnt mean to say i didnly like your number 2 i liked how it sounded more balanced bass/treble..but for sounding like page and rock and roll i prefered number 1 both are great guitars though..

your hand looked speeded up it was moving so fast great...:dude:

Latest Threads