Vibe pedal for It Got Cold After The Rain Fell tone?

pillbug

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good vibe pedal that is transparent?

I’ve tried every Fulltone, TC Viscous Vibe, Jam Pedals Retro, Dawner Prince Viberator, Drybell Vibe Machine, Kelley Monterey, Foxrox Aquavibe and Cap’n Coconut, Lovepedal optical vibe, Amptweaker Swirlpool, ... probably a few I’m forgetting,... each one seems to color the base tone too much. (I put vibe before dirt, no fuzz).

I do love the Dunlop Rotovibe and have gone back to it many times. It can go from Ritchie Blackmore to Zakk Wilde.

I’d love something that nails this tone, do I need to go for a Shin-ei Vibe Bro or Vibe 2 and be done with it? I can spend $600 but not $6k.

Dilver

Reaction score
Neo Vent II? TBH that background swirl is so subtle, I’m surprised you couldn’t get that tone with a phaser dialed back.

pillbug

Reaction score
Neo Vent II? TBH that background swirl is so subtle, I’m surprised you couldn’t get that tone with a phaser dialed back.
You just reminded me I have one of these in my drawer. I’ll try it. But it’s really more of a true Leslie pedal than a Vibe. I’m also going through the same thing with phasers :420:

Prospector

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend the Strymon Lex for this vibrato tone. Or a Magnatone amp with the Pitch Shifting Vibrato, which is simply stunning and so musical sounding.

pillbug

Reaction score
I highly recommend the Strymon Lex for this vibrato tone. Or a Magnatone amp with the Pitch Shifting Vibrato, which is simply stunning and so musical sounding.
Thanks. I’ve had a Lex. And have looked at those Magnatones online, never seen one in person though (yet).

TM1

Reaction score
It's an actual Leslie on Slow and I'm betting he split the signal so 1/2 went to the Leslie and the other 1/2 was dry in the room and mic'd.

pillbug

Reaction score
It's an actual Leslie on Slow and I'm betting he split the signal so 1/2 went to the Leslie and the other 1/2 was dry in the room and mic'd.
Nice. Thanks. Well I'll go back to trying my Neo Ventilator II then...

Latest Threads