(very) expensive guitars

joey1234

Reaction score
I just can´t understand why on earth would someone pay $25,000.00 for a beaten, broken, torched up, fake guitar. Yes, fake. I´m talking about the EVH "FrankenStrat" Kramer or Charvel or Fender or all of them guitar. Has no one thought that what you´re actually paying for is a guitar made to look like the original one? Can that thing even be played? Does it stay in tune?
And let´s just not talk about the "1954" Jeff Beck. What´s that supposed to be? Well, I call it a fake, a very expensive one. Have you guys buying yours R9 for example thought what are you really buying? Let me tell you what´s so 59 about those guitars. People making them weren´t even born in 59, the trees their wood came from weren´t even planted, the machines they make them in, yes , machines weren´t even invented by that time... so, what are you buying again? Let me tell you: an idea. They just give the idea that you can own a 1959 guitar and you believe that? And you even pay for those 'features' like scratches from that tour that never happened?
Come on... are you guys retarded or something? And some people get mad when someone says "Your guitar looks just like the ones I´ve seen at Guitar Center for $400". Well they do actually. So why spend so much money on a "dream"? Were you even born in 1959? Yeah I wish I was alive by then and have bought a Les Paul, but I wasn´t, too bad. You can´t invent the wheel again, what happened, happened.
Oh and I forgot about the James Hetfield "Iron Cross".... for $9,999.00 you get a ESP copy of a.... Gibson guitar. Isn´t that just funny? The original one was a Gibson, he plays it live sometimes.
Don´t get me wrong, it´s just my opinion, i´m sure many people think the same way. If I had enough money I would buy a Traditional or a Standard, I believe anything above that price it´s just called one thing: theft. :slash:

jomo

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Welcome Mr. 1234. Although I agree with some of your rant. I doubt that you've played the right R9.
Just saying.

Hogman49

Reaction score
:wtf: I can't believe I even read that. How old are you dude? What business is it of yours what people find appealing and are willing to spend their money on. Why does it bother you so much? Jealousy? Opinions are one thing, but you seem a little too bothered by what other people do with their money. Relax man, don't hate.

In closing here is my R9. Hate all you want, I'm happy. :)

6360_122091676484_527991484_2862415_5175161_n.jpg

Why did I spend that kind of money? Because I worked for it, and I can.

Now go back to playing Guitar Hero.

Troll

:dude:

brianbzed

Reaction score
Maybe go out and play some new, pristine high-end, hand-made instruments (NOT AT A BIG BOX STORE!!!!). There IS a difference.:D That being said, just 'cause it's pricey, don't mean it's a killer!:dude: Never agreed with the "relic" thing. Nice rant,though!:applause:

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
you signed up here just to post that? you're a bigger loser than the "stupid people" who spend money on R9s.

get a job and take some midol, junior.

2manyGuitars

Reaction score
If I had enough money I would buy a Traditional or a Standard, I believe anything above that price it´s just called one thing: theft. :slash:

Then someone would post the exact same thread you just did talking about how you're "retarded" for spending anything more than the $500 that their Epiphone LP cost.

Bing17

Reaction score
I doubt very seriously anyone will look at your (I perceive you own nothing more than...) $400 Guitar Center guitar and say, "Hey that baby looks, plays and sounds like a Gibson."

While an R9 obviously isn't a '59, there are HUGE differences between it and a traditional or a Standard.

banditguitarist1

Reaction score
lmfao get a life and stop venting your obvious anger and frustration that you can't afford certain things on the people who can.

I guess you can't reinvent the wheel and get a real life oh well haha

Troll

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:laugh2:

I like my Frankenstein...:thumb:

BurstAddict

Reaction score
If I had enough money I would buy a Traditional or a Standard

True, and if you had enough money for an R9, you would buy one too.

Let's not kid ourselves here, you're just convincing yourself it's not worth it. Well it's obviously worth it to thousands of happy buyers. The end.

shtdaprdtr

Reaction score
Well the reason why people pay 25K for a strat is so smart people like me can build the exact guitar for $200..have fun with it... and then sell it for $700 easily.
as Far as R9's, Its so people can spend 300K thinking its worth it...and I can spend 3-5K and get pretty much the same shit but with more consistent quality and non-fading paint...but why would someone wanna save up to buy a traditional or standard....when a good used standard goes for half the price and is built with 1 piece of mahogany in the back?..that to me is stupid.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hogman is now my favorite poster on this forum.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:wtf: I can't believe I even read that. How old are you dude? What business is it of yours what people find appealing and are willing to spend their money on. Why does it bother you so much? Jealousy? Opinions are one thing, but you seem a little too bothered by what other people do with their money. Relax man, don't hate.

In closing here is my R9. Hate all you want, I'm happy. :)

Why did I spend that kind of money? Because I worked for it, and I can.

Now go back to playing Guitar Hero.

Troll

:dude:

he probably is jealous to some degree... thats usually what motivates someone to cut someone else down... i sometimes will rib at folks who spend 6 grand on a guitar, but honestly im jeallous. ill admit that, sometimes i get jeallous as hell lol... i mean for chirsts sakes, some people have guitars that cost more than my trailer :laugh2: ...

that being said is it wrong to be jeallous? yes and no... id say its unhealthy, its a negative emotion so it only breeds more negative emotions... however its natural to be jeallous to some degree. we are humans and its in our blood to often times say "why i canti have one too?" lol... the important thing is to be thankful for what you do have. often times i think folks that do "have it all" lose sight of that.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Polished with the knickers of a sweaty lesbo?:shock:

Ride on a Pony

Reaction score
Are you trying to say that there is no real difference between a reissue and a new standard / traditional?

There's so much stupidity in that post I hardly know where to start.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't know what it's worth, it's mine and I'm sure I can't afford it.
If you see another one like it.

Let me know.
IMG_1405.jpg

Username1

Reaction score
I'm jealous of everyone that owns a Pearly Gates vos hahah, but doesn't mean i'm not happy that they have it, but the idea of historics really isn't to live back in the dream era (well maybe the marketing ploy is) but it's just a superior guitar, and you can get one for around the price of a standard if you really shop around specifically goldtops and 58's which are stellar stellar guitars, just missing flame (not a big deal to me). But the point is, yea they are a little over priced, but if you get a job and work hard for one, you've earned that, and when you plug in a re issue and a standard or traditional back to back at the store, well goddamn, the re issue blows them out of the water, the first time i tried a re issue, i knew i ahd to have one, and i found a very reasonably priced 58 and its the best guitar ive ever played, your point is valid, but i hope you get to play a high ender one day its really special

Latest Threads