Verdigris, home brewed to fill dent.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well seeing as i was a pillock and caused a bit of lacquer to fall off after an impact from a guitar pedal. I thought I'd have a go at disguising the obviousness of it, as it was bright white and stuck out like the proverbial. So did some research, looked at how/where copper oxidises, and how to make some green as well. An off cut of copper pipe was put in a ziplock with sawdust and acetic acid and left for a few days, on taking pipe out had a nice choice of green, from light blue/green to pretty damn dark green. So i scraped some off, poured onto area and dropped some lacquer on it.

It looked a bit too dark after allowing a bit of time for the lacquer to set, so I scraped some of the lighter blue/green over the top, so not encased in laquer, so will see what falls off and how organic it looks in next few weeks. It should continue to develop colour as acids from skin and sweat contact it.

6CE26AE3-4956-4556-A589-07513DB51EF9.jpeg

6FC88CE2-6A24-4A4F-BBA2-0EA6535D6850.jpeg

B16A8769-5D9A-405D-B28F-217FECFA0E3C.jpeg

kingmlg

Reaction score
Send me a PM and I'll send you some bronze powder that is used for a goldtop finish. That will work and look a lot better. That green will never blend in.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Send me a PM and I'll send you some bronze powder that is used for a goldtop finish. That will work and look a lot better. That green will never blend in.
Thanks, i pm'd you, my idea was not to blend in as such, but to try to replicate the look of what would happen with the original paint if the protective lacquer chipped off. I take it your not convinced?
I had a load of reference pics on my ipad, and they have all disappeared, which is really bloody annoying, its like they got deleted/removed by the ipad when i changed settings from storing in icloud.

Latest Threads