Vaughn Skow 1957 PAF humbucker set

roknfnrol

Reaction score
I heard about this guy from the Warehouse Guitar Speakers website. Recently installed his 1957 PAF style set (Alnico 2 magnets) and am super impressed. Very organic tones. I am using a Muleskinner amp and EQ Cables.

scovell001

Reaction score
Really loving the sound of these, I think you’ve found the ideal pickups for your r8 ;)

just out of curiosity what are the settings/what input are youusing on your amp ? (I have a similar uk equivalent called a lazy J)

roknfnrol

Reaction score
Really loving the sound of these, I think you’ve found the ideal pickups for your r8 ;)

just out of curiosity what are the settings/what input are youusing on your amp ? (I have a similar uk equivalent called a lazy J)
Thanks. This is is 6L6 only and cannot use 6V6 valves. The channels are jumped and the volume for both is set at 3. The tone knob is at noon. The speaker is a Celestions M65 Creamback.

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
Yeah like you I know of him cause of the warehouse speaker website his YouTube videos also as the person who helped design the don mare josie vaughns and just recently saw he made pickups. These sound good especially that middle position it got that classic chirp we all love.

Jer

Reaction score
Greetings my friend, thank you for doing this vid. I’ve been keeping an ear on these for awhile but haven’t pulled the trigger. You make them sound very good. You also make pretty much everything sound very good. And the skinner is, well, amazing. Thanks bud.
Jer Koff

roknfnrol

Reaction score
Greetings my friend, thank you for doing this vid. I’ve been keeping an ear on these for awhile but haven’t pulled the trigger. You make them sound very good. You also make pretty much everything sound very good. And the skinner is, well, amazing. Thanks bud.
Jer Koff
Thanks! These pickups are amazing, I def recommend them. Currently I have the Vaughn Skow 59/60 in my Les Paul. I may install the Vaughn Skow 57s in my SG. To be continued, haha.

Reactions: Jer

Dryz

Reaction score
How do you like them compared to the mojotone pickups? I've got a set of 59 clones I just got in. Can you compare them?

Latest Threads