Value of a 68 Tele?

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Reaction score
Just flipping through the pics quickly and with limited description, I would say very roughly $7K, give or take.

Looks nice.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Reaction score
Just sent you a PM with some deetz on my '67 purchase last year. It's one of my favorite guitars. :)

Bud Stoner

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a rebuilt 68 Tele that was thrashed to death.

The neck was destroyed and beyond repair, so I put a Warmoth neck on it. Vintage modern 6105's nitro finish.

Had a mini hum in the neck in a poorly chopped up route and the pickup was supported on the bottom by a piece of an old Texas roadmap, lol.

The bridge and pickup were trashed.

Ash body was stripped and it had a brown stain on it (70's butchery)

So, I cleaned it up, refined to Fiesta Red, Fender three saddle bridge, Fralin Blues Specials w/ 5% overwind, Warmoth pickguard, Sperzel tuners and electrosocket jack.

It probably isn't worth spit to most peeps, but I love it. I did the build 20 years ago, and it still kick ass.

The only original parts are the body, electronics and neck plate. I guess it's a 68/99 hybrid, lol.

1568387396902.png

It's really held off any GAS I had for the Jimmy Page Tele.

And funny enough, I actually bought it from Freddie Fender, lol!

Walt_T

Reaction score
Beautiful example if it's real. Looks pristine. Big bucks. It doesn't have the router hump on the lower bout that many of them had until '73, but that's not definitive, there may have been more than one template. True story wiil be told by writing in the neck cavity and pot dates.