Using Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus for Recording Gear

Buzzin_Cousin

Reaction score
I've got a Tascam DP-008ex that eats batteries pretty good. I've got the Voodoo labs pedal power that I'd rather use to power it than buying a separate power supply. The voodoo labs is 9v and the Tascam is 5v. Can I use it safely? There is also a SAG that you can dial from 4v to 9v but I've never used that function before..

Thanks,

AllTheSound

Reaction score
I would not recommend it your Tascam requires 5v 2 amp output even if you could dial the sag down to 5 volts the Voodoo Lab PP does not even come close to the amps requirement. It tops out at 250ma which is about 1/10 of what you need. You also need to match the tip polarity.

Last edited:

Buzzin_Cousin

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I think I'm going to buy a dedicated adapter for this.

Mockbel

Reaction score
With such odd power requirement (5V) I would look for vendor supplied power supply or at least something that matches ALL power characteristics (volt, current, polarity)... i wouldn't to rely on such variable voltage adapter

Buzzin_Cousin

Reaction score
With such odd power requirement (5V) I would look for vendor supplied power supply or at least something that matches ALL power characteristics (volt, current, polarity)... i wouldn't to rely on such variable voltage adapter

Yeah, the tascam model is $25!
Amazon 4.5 star rated off brand is $10. Not sure which I'm going with yet.

Mockbel

Reaction score
Not odd at all. In fact....ubiquitous! 5V is a defacto standard for logic circuits.
I consider anything but 9V as odd :)
May be due to my limited exposure.. all pedals i have are 9V and all I have seen were whether 9V or 12V