Using half of the Jimmy Page diagram?

chrisj1602

Reaction score
I have a stock R7 and am looking to put a 4 wire bridge pickup in, leaving the stock 2 conductor BB1 in the neck.

Can I use the 4 wire bridge pickup for coil split and out of phase with a push-pull on the bridge volume and tone pots?

Then this should give me the 3 normal tones, plus both HBs out of phase, neck HB and single bridge out of phase and split bridge?

hotzlaw

Reaction score
I have a stock R7 and am looking to put a 4 wire bridge pickup in, leaving the stock 2 conductor BB1 in the neck.

Can I use the 4 wire bridge pickup for coil split and out of phase with a push-pull on the bridge volume and tone pots?

Then this should give me the 3 normal tones, plus both HBs out of phase, neck HB and single bridge out of phase and split bridge?

Should work.

I have a Tribute Plus that was wired for parallel on the two push pulls (neck and bridge are four wire).

I at one stage had it wired for split both pups on one push pull and out of phase on the other.

So it shouldn't be a problem for you, as long as you have two push pulls, it should work.

I can help you with the wiring if you like.

chrisj1602

Reaction score
Should work.

I have a Tribute Plus that was wired for parallel on the two push pulls (neck and bridge are four wire).

I at one stage had it wired for split both pups on one push pull and out of phase on the other.

So it shouldn't be a problem for you, as long as you have two push pulls, it should work.

I can help you with the wiring if you like.

That would be great if you don't mind!

chrisj1602

Reaction score
No problem.

Once you know what pickup it is (for the wiring color codes) I'll whip up a wiring diagram for you.

That's really good of you, it will be a Bare Knuckle, but i'm not 100% which one yet.

Thanks.

Latest Threads