Using a strap without strap locks?

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Man, I've been looking all over for these. All the Grolsch I find have metal caps...damn North Carolina!!

The beer is piss. You don't want to drink it; just pour it out and use the washers.

Or, you could buy these and send a few of the extras to some MLP members :)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/BrewCraft-Grolsch-Bottle-Replacement-Washers/dp/B004NXUJ06]Amazon.com: Grolsch Bottle Replacement Washers: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

NRBQ

Reaction score
I probably have no need for strap locks, as I almost always play at home, and am seated most of the time. I installed them anyway, to add some security and so I don't have to have a strap for each guitar. I spend a lot of money on my nice toys and would like to keep them that way, if possible.

I'm with you, I don't play out, when playing sometimes I sit, sometimes I stand, but I've heard some horror stories about LP's dropping to the ground and the headstock cracking because of its angle. I have a LP Traditional Plus and a LP Deluxe Goldtop, the Trad came with Schallar locks and I just bought another set of Schallars for the Deluxe, I just feel more comfortable knowing both guitars are secure all the time when the straps are on. I too would like to keep my toys crack free and in great condition.

bobswinea

Reaction score
I've never once used strap locks. That's 16 years playing live without strap locks. I need to get some soon though, because I have a feeling my luck is running out..

Yeah me too. Playing for 25+ years and never used strap locks. No guitar losses [yet]. When my strap gets "loosey goosey" I buy another. I don't scrimp on straps either. Good is as good does or something like that. :shock:

WhatDoIKnow

Reaction score
4 Pack of beer with bonus strap locks for 2 guitars.

Can it get any better?

If you can get past the skunky smell, I don't think the Grolsch is that bad. I know one night I had only planned to consume enough for one guitar, but ended up with enough for two. :D

Latest Threads