US Tube makers needed

Azmedian

Reaction score
Much like many items here in the good 'ole USA we need products MADE IN USA

We need a tube manufacturer HERE in USA

I Buy American made products whenever possible, Only if I cant find an American made product do I buy it from another country

I personally would pay 10x more for SH*T ON A STICK
"MADE IN THE USA" than the "Cheaper" product made elseware.

Last edited:

bum

Reaction score
Interesting!
I was super delighted last year when I got a full set off military grade valves for my Mesa which were originally intended for use in Russian Mig fighters, however now, I am not so delighted...

This would be really cool

cmjohnson

Reaction score
What kind of valves would those be, that were advertised as being made for Russian fighter jets?

I think the seller told you something that just isn't true at all. The last usage of a tube in a Russian aircraft that I am aware of is the 6C33 triple nipple power triode which was used in a servo amplifier. And to the best of my knowledge, no Russian aircraft used tybe types that are useful in our guitar amplifiers.

And what makes you think I have anything to do with Western Electric? I'm just following current events. I don't work for them. They have made public statements as to their plans.

Reactions: Who

100LL

Reaction score
western electric is exciting news...but when I looked at them some months ago and filled out the survey of interest I did discover that their current offerings are quite expensive. Like $700 for a single power tube.
Cool, beautiful, probably perfect...but don't forget your wallet.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
western electric is exciting news...but when I looked at them some months ago and filled out the survey of interest I did discover that their current offerings are quite expensive. Like $700 for a single power tube.
Cool, beautiful, probably perfect...but don't forget your wallet.
Chinese versions of that particular tube are equally expensive. Doubt a 6l6 will be 400$. If they actually start making our type of tubes.

cmjohnson

Reaction score
The 300B tube is always expensive and that's what WE has been making for a long time.

It's for those audiophools who like 300B based amplifiers that crank out 3.5 watts (single 300B output tube) at 20 percent harmonic distortion....but it's the RIGHT harmonics.

• Wow
Reactions: Who

DarthPaul

Reaction score
If you think tubes are a problem, wait until we "cancel" everything manufactured in China...

:iough:

cmjohnson

Reaction score
That's another reason why we are hoping that Western Electric does this RIGHT and gets rolling on it pretty quick. If we embargo China (and the sooner, the better!) then what's left is the Sovtek product, which strangely is STILL coming to us from Russia DESPITE the sanctions, and of course, JJs.

Latest Threads