URGENT: Is this EPI real or FAKE?!?!?

mwalluk

Reaction score
So I'm in the midst of making a trade this Friday for an Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig Les Paul. Reading over a few boards, I started getting worried after hearing how many FAKE Epi's are out there. I'm wondering is this one real or fake?

Looking at pics of fake and real ones, my untrained eye senses this should be real. It has the speed knobs and no toggle switch guard (which is the same as a real one). The headstock looks real enough.

I'm looking for either reassurance or flight from those who are good at distinguishing if it's real or not.

Attachments

• zw.jpg
    zw.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 259
  • zwhead.JPG
    zwhead.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 248

davies

Banned/Not Banned
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's real.

It's also not fake.

And there's really no need to post the same thing in two different threads my friend.

mwalluk

Reaction score
It's real.

It's also not fake.

And there's really no need to post the same thing in two different threads my friend.

I forgot about the fake thread until after I posted this....

Just for my own knowledge and curiosity, what did you look for to determine if it's genuine?

davies

Banned/Not Banned
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
In this particular instance, because the only close-up picture was of the serial number, it was the general appearance from the first picture, combined with the font, sizing and format of the serial and the detail from the ZW decal on the back of the headstock.

Latest Threads