(Updated)NGD! 2011 Les Paul Traditional HCS

whatshisname

Reaction score
My main guitar is a 2011 Trad, and I came across another one that I couldn't resist. I had recently unloaded a bunch of gear that hadn't seen the light of day in quite a while, and figured I'd grab it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220817-211638_Reverb.jpg
    Screenshot_20220817-211638_Reverb.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20220817-211554_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220817-211554_Gallery.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 60

whatshisname

Reaction score
Thank you! I most certainly will! I'm anxious to see what I think of the '57 Classics, as I haven't played on a set in decades. I don't recall caring for them back then, but tastes have changed. (My current one came to me with a Burstbucker 1 and 2 set. It currently has Custom Shop Pearly Gates.)

JMP

Reaction score
Thank you! I most certainly will! I'm anxious to see what I think of the '57 Classics, as I haven't played on a set in decades. I don't recall caring for them back then, but tastes have changed. (My current one came to me with a Burstbucker 1 and 2 set. It currently has Custom Shop Pearly Gates.)
I dig 57 Classic pickups. Sure, there are certainly better options, but give the 57s a fair shake…..they certainly do that PAF thing.

whatshisname

Reaction score
I'm hoping to like them. Honestly, the plan is to get this one as close to other as possible. Faber hardware, Emerson harness, CS Pearly Gates... I'll definitely change out the hardware and harness, but I'm going to leave the pickups alone until I'm sure.

Tollie

Reaction score
I'm hoping to like them. Honestly, the plan is to get this one as close to other as possible. Faber hardware, Emerson harness, CS Pearly Gates... I'll definitely change out the hardware and harness, but I'm going to leave the pickups alone until I'm sure.
Great plan. Congrats on the guitar!

TXOldRedRocker

Tech pays the bills. Not a fan of tech.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Beautiful.

I have 2 Gibson Les Paul's that came with 57's. A 2019 and a 2011. I didn't like the ones in the 2019 and replaced them. The 57's from 2011 are fantastic, IMHO. They aren't going anywhere. Great guitar completely stock. Hope you like yours as much as I like mine!

TXOldRedRocker

Tech pays the bills. Not a fan of tech.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful.

I have 2 Gibson Les Paul's that came with 57's. A 2019 and a 2011. I didn't like the ones in the 2019 and replaced them. The 57's from 2011 are fantastic, IMHO. They aren't going anywhere. Great guitar completely stock. Hope you like yours as much as I like mine!

Thanks everyone! And, I do NEED a goldtop, @Christosterone !

The aforementioned 2011 with 57's is a Custom Classic Gold Top. Awesome guitar!

CaseOpened.jpg

whatshisname

Reaction score
I already had the amber tophats, toggle switch cap, and blank truss rod cover. The Faber ABRN and conversion studs will be here today. I thought that I had an extra tailpiece and studs, but I was mistaken. So that'll obviously have to wait. I don't hate the 57 Classics, but I'm still not enamoured with them. Chances are they'll get swapped out for some Pearlies. I bought a Latitude NW-1915 Les Paul copy a while back, and the pickups are horrible. The 57s may find a home in it(or possibly some Burstbuckers I have sitting around). They'll still be lightyears better than the stock ones, and I don't want to pour too much additional money into that guitar.

Latest Threads