Unusual LPC on Gibson Demo Shop

hellzington

Reaction score
I was reviewing the latest batch of guitars from the Gibson Demo Shop on Reverb and came across this rather odd Les Paul Custom. It's a 2020 model and at first glance looks rather usual. However, if you dig into the specs there are three that really caught my eye and I wondered what everyone's thoughts were on this, and, because I'm considering it, whether you would buy it.

The odd specs are:
  • Gibson Burstbucker 2 and 3 pickups (Not super weird, but a little strange on a Custom)
  • All-Mahogany Body (Not totally unheard of, but definitely not usual on a new Custom)
  • Rosewood Fingerboard (Yes, you read that right)
I messaged the Shop to ask if these specs are correct and they said that yes, they were; even the fretboard. So this is a very strange one. If it were an ebony board, I think I would have bought it immediately. But with the rosewood board, I just don't know. I also asked the store how dark the rosewood was and if they had more pics in regular lighting but they said they can't take any more pictures because the guitar is already boxed up and ready to ship.

I'm still considering it but I'm worried that if I buy it and don't like it, don't bond with it, or don't like the rosewood and black color combo, that the it will be hard to resell because of the odd specs. It also makes me nervous that they won't take any more pics; with such an unusual spec, I would have hoped they might go above and beyond here.

So what are your thoughts? Would you buy it? Is a LPC with a rosewood board a true Custom? How do you think it would affect the resale value?

Link to the guitar: https://reverb.com/item/43093805-gibson-les-paul-custom-ebony-custom-shop-modified

Attachments

Latest Threads