Unofficial Official MIJ updates thread

mono

Reaction score
Let's use this as a general catch-all thread, but keep it somewhat relevant to MIJ/Other Single-Cuts so the mods don't get trigger happy :)

When I got my Tokai LS-100, some preious owner had tried to file down the first 2 frets with a metal file.. left huge ridges that buzzed on fretting. So I took it in to a luthier today for fret replacement, new nut and setup.
The nut he is putting on is from 10,000 year old woolly mammoth tusk.... I kid you not! Thought you guys might get a kick out of that... apparently it's quite easy to get from countries like Romania.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Let's use this as a general catch-all thread, but keep it somewhat relevant to MIJ/Other Single-Cuts so the mods don't get trigger happy :)

So we're going to kick it right off with an insult, eh?

Leddyman

Reaction score
So you want to discuss how we've modded out MIJ's?

Nothing I have stays like it was when I got it. I almost always change caps, pots, and pickups.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Isn't woolly mammoth tusk ivory ?? Importing from Romania would be a crime ?? does having it put on your guitar make you an accessory or are you o.k. ??

mono

Reaction score
haha no insults in this thread, long live our moderating overlords! :)

i guess woolly mammoth tusk is technically (very old) ivory! not really sure what the legalities of it are... but i didnt import it, just asked my guitar tech to use it for a new nut!

hopefully the SWAT teams won't be knocking down the door anytime soon!!

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
It may be ivory but from a long extinct animal.
I would be more considered a fossil I suspect.
Interesting idea but I bet you it breaks quite easily.

Matty

Reaction score
It may be ivory but from a long extinct animal.
I would be more considered a fossil I suspect.
Interesting idea but I bet you it breaks quite easily.

I vaguely remember reading a discussion on it. :420:

Very hard if I remember correctly. :hmm:

I could have searched for it , but
unknw.gif
....meh.
very-drunk.gif

JDB

Reaction score
Since when did anyone in Japan give a **** about copyright infringements?
This is from Q&A on a YJ listing with a fender decal on a domestic git.

Question 4 Posted by: ztw ***** / Rating: New October 27 0:50
False "fender" of guitar sales charges triple company employee arrested ニセモノの「フェンダー」ギター販売容疑 三重の会社員逮捕 「中国から仕入れた」と供述 - 見る前に飛べ踊れ

A Answer October 27 22:23
Thank you for pointing this out. Fraudulently to sell gonna totally without, and I was allowed to specify the "Republic Shokai", "copy model" "Japan-vintage". Since F company logo was using enjoying personal, I would appreciate the successful bidder also enjoying personal. Based on You agree of advice, I will emphasize the neighborhood. Thank you.
QQuestion 5 Posted by: ztw ***** / Rating: New October 27 0:51

Q. I previously purchased fake brand goods has been exhibited in the free market. It is stated that it is a fake, the price was also set cheaper. Can you get illegal is that? A. In this case, Upon unauthorized use of the trademark act, you will be considered to be in that it has infringed the trademark right or an exclusive right to use. If you violate the trademark right or an exclusive right to use, in addition there is likely to be sentenced to the following prison or a fine of not more than 5 million yen five years, there is also a danger of being a civil claim for damages.

A Answer October 27 22:23
Thank you for pointing this out. Fraudulently to sell gonna totally without, and I was allowed to specify the "Republic Shokai", "copy model" "Japan-vintage". Since F company logo was using enjoying personal, I would appreciate the successful bidder also enjoying personal. Based on You agree of advice, I will emphasize the neighborhood. Thank you.

mono

Reaction score
which one do you find yourself picking up the most Chris?

17wil

Reaction score
I bet it sounds heavenly and perhaps...angelic?

Latest Threads