Unofficial official anything GRECO theory photo id related thread

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Lets dig it up again.

Time to test your knowledge!

What years did Greco use the big oval sticker on the back of the headstock with the model number?

Hydra19

Reaction score
How much does a good 1982 mint collection eg59-85 go for these days? Is €1250 still a good price for these?

Hydra19

Reaction score
Thanks, that neck gash looks bad, not sure how to go about fixing that. Seems like the market in the UK is a bit pricey at the moment.
There's this Greco for £1200 and tokai ls80 for £1500, but '82 is my birthyear and would join my 82' Navigator, but I would feel more comfortable with it at a lower price.
Speaking of Yahoo auctions,I'm thinking of using buyee, but am not sure if japan is shipping internationally. Seems like the UK was unaffected but a few japanese sellers told me they cannot ship at the moment, and some say they can. Has anyone received guitar parcels recently?

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Buyee ships worldwide, method depends on your location. I don't see UK on the list where EMS is available at the moment, but they'll keep your parcel stored for free until EMS is back and running. You can use FedEx/UPS but it's more expensive. I've used buyee a few times and so far everything is smooth. 1500GBP for a ls80 sounds nuts to me.
Their packing is mostly bubble wrap (plenty of it), but I would not have them ship any Les Paul that's not in a proper hardcase though.

Hydra19

Reaction score
Was just outbid on an ls60, looked great but eventually got up to £800. I have not found an ls80 going for less than £1500, but i have seen them for more, even within Europe

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
Was just outbid on an ls60, looked great but eventually got up to £800. I have not found an ls80 going for less than £1500, but i have seen them for more, even within Europe

LS60 for 88k JPY

I thought you were after a Greco Custom before? I would love to try an early 80s Tokai. I would be curious to see if they are any better than Grecos from the same era.

Hydra19

Reaction score
Thanks, but after the LS60 that got away this just won't do. This was from 1985 and had the most amazing tiger top, looked a lot like a gibson because of the top. I'll try to get a pic but it went from £500 up to £800 or so and there were many bidders.
How much on top am I looking at buying stuff from buyee? Seems like they can add an extra 30,000 for shipping (could be domestic), which is fine but are there any other sorting costs? I just want to ballpark a figure if I buy a guitar on buyee for 100,000 yen, plus shipping up to 130,000 or so, and then I need to factor in the 25% UK tax,. If I had known that I might have been tempted to go higher on the ls60. The only reason was the top, I was hoping it didn't have a 14 degree headstock and it did have some neck scratches.
I'm after anything MIJ vintage. I do like navigators, and have a few, but I also want a nice top. I have a '82 Navigator that has the old time mojo and really like it, so that is why I'm after vintage. Would not mind adding a '82 tokai and greco to the collection

Attachments

mono

Reaction score
Yeah I liked the look of that... Thought it might be solid

Hydra19

Reaction score
Speaking of Grecos, the below is a rosewood board, right? I see the streaks and know ebony can be streaky too. It's just that everything on this guitar points to being a 68-80 but the fretboard

mono

Reaction score
I'd say ebony but a streaky slab - the grain looks to be really tight to my eye

Latest Threads