Unknown pickup...

ozzyozburne

Reaction score
Hi Guys, does anybody know anything about a Gibby Lead Bucker treble? I purchased a livebucker treble from a shop and I got this... I cannot find anything on the web... My question is: is this LeadBucker a Livebucker treble? It was a stock B, but it is a 2014 one... Thanks! :)

Attachments

jbash

Reaction score
Musicians Friend was selling these years ago- the scuttlebutt was it was a production version of a custombucker, exclusive to MF, but I never saw any info from Gibson to confirm or deny that, or even what the heck it was.

2014/2015 were some weird times for Gibson.

jbash

Reaction score
Google is your friend

The Gibson Livebucker Lead Pickup is based on the Custombucker and its authentic PAF sound. The Livebucker features increased output with its "hotter"-wound coils.

ozzyozburne

Reaction score
Thanks for replying.
Yes, I know the livebucker pu, as a custombucker relative. I own the neck version (good neck pu btw, but I cannot compare to a custombucker, never tried).
Recently, I ordered a treble livebucker, and I received a pickup which sticker says leadbucker, instead of "livebucker treble" (please look at my picture). I wonder if the leadbucker I received is a livebucker, or if the shop made a mistake and shipped this leadbucker by mistake? I cannot find anything about Leadbucker from google...

jbash

Reaction score
If you do the google search, the ad copy implies the leadbucker is simply the lead position livebucker.

ozzyozburne

Reaction score
I only found pictures from google where stickers stated LIVEBUCKER TREBLE and not LEADBUCKER.
Ok thanks then.

Latest Threads