Underneath a TV Reissue SC Pickguard

lawrev

Reaction score
This is what appears underneath my TV reissue's pickguard. I thought that the long neck tenon would stretch farther down, but maybe I am not correct with that perception. Now looking forward to the Mojoaxe pickguard from @Danelectro

TV 3.jpg TV 2.jpg Les Paul TV No Pickguard.jpg

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what appears underneath my TV reissue's pickguard. I thought that the long neck tenon would stretch farther down, but maybe I am not correct with that perception. Now looking forward to the Mojoaxe pickguard from @Danelectro

View attachment 520456 View attachment 520457 View attachment 520458
Well,.... the neck join on Juniors are different than Standards.

The originals don't have a tongue,...its the full width of the neck....that is why there is a shelf in the cutaway,...otherwise the side of the neck would be exposed in the cutaway like bolt on necks like Fenders...... but the neck never extended past the fretboard. Though this opening at the end seems smaller than the originals.

Like this broken Junior
images (1).jpg

Also they didn't need to add a wedge under the fretboard to elevate and angle the neck.
nszbrhhkxcvswp11r9po.jpg

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
Looks like they're doing the 'save money' bit by just making a normal LP type tenon cut.

I think the vintage Jr had the neck shaft extending maybe 1-2cm beyond the fretboard end.....which then was routed down to the body plane.

lawrev

Reaction score
Looks like they're doing the 'save money' bit by just making a normal LP type tenon cut.

I think the vintage Jr had the neck shaft extending maybe 1-2cm beyond the fretboard end.....which then was routed down to the body plane.
That's the sort of reply I am thinking of....the Custom Shop says the long neck tenon is historically correct, but that may not be entirely correct. :(

Latest Threads