Uncle Lou is at it again '59 bigsby

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Necro bump.

Just saw that Gruhn is selling a burst with the same s/n.

fernieite

Reaction score
I got to play this guitar in October 2014 at Rudy's Music in Soho. It seems it's been around! I was told at that time that it had been Kirk Hammett's. I think they were asking $285,000.

It's a beautiful burst for sure! I don't like the look or feel of a Bigsby on a Les Paul, but lots of people do. I didn't really like the feel of the neck either. It was quite large. I remember thinking - I like my HM R8 better! :shock: :)

Last edited:

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I got to play this guitar in October 2014 at Rudy's Music in Soho. It seems it's been around! I was told at that time that it had been Kirk Hammett's. I think they were asking $285,000.

It's a beautiful burst for sure! I don't like the look or feel of a Bigsby on a Les Paul, but lots of people do. I didn't really like the feel of the neck either. It was quite large. I remember thinking - I like my HM R8 better! :shock: :)
Which guitar? The one Kirk owned, or the one Gruhn is selling?

fernieite

Reaction score
Which guitar? The one Kirk owned, or the one Gruhn is selling?
The original one of this thread, the one Kirk Hammett used to own. ( I think)

Are you sure they're not the same guitar?

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Might be stating the obvious, but 2 guitars with the same serial number doesn't bode well for the future of one of them.

Pretty sure I know which one owns the serial number, and I can't see much "off" about it.

Liam

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Might be stating the obvious, but 2 guitars with the same serial number doesn't bode well for the future of one of them.

Pretty sure I know which one owns the serial number, and I can't see much "off" about it.

Liam
I have my suspicions as well, but with crappy pictures only, no way to confirm.

Interesting Gruhn would refret a guitar from that s/n range with small frets.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Is it just me but lately all sorts of weird things pop out around the same "circle" ?
Weird certificates, etc. ?

:dunno:

Robert Parker

Reaction score
$375k..... I think I've got that in my couch. And by "in my couch," I mean selling the couch with the house it sits in. It's pretty, though.

Fletch

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Two different guitars, same serial number. Interesting. Grunh’s has knots in the back the other doesn’t and the switch cover screws are clocked differently. The headstock mustache is way too asymmetrical on the Gruhn guitar too. Couple other things I noticed…. Fun stuff.

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Two different guitars, same serial number. Interesting. Grunh’s has knots in the back the other doesn’t and the switch cover screws are clocked differently. The headstock mustache is way too asymmetrical on the Gruhn guitar too. Couple other things I noticed…. Fun stuff.
Someone popped into the other forum to say the Lou guitar had a replaced s/n and was photographed in some book with a scratched off s/n. But they haven't provided any more details on which book. More fun stuff.

Latest Threads