Uncle Lou is at it again '59 bigsby

rvschulz

Reaction score
that price scares me. not only would I not advertise I owned it but instead of keeping a Glock in my bedside table I'd get a pistol grip full auto M-16.

RAG7890

Reaction score
That Bigsby Burst is just :wow: :wow: :wow: Mike. :thumb: :applause:

As far as the price for Greenie, let us all not forget that as a Pro Musician the cost of that Guitar & all his other stuff are "tools of trade", so a Tax deduction vs. income earned.

No idea how it is treated Tax wise in the US (vs. here) & how many years it can be written off over but I doubt he bought it as a personal Guitar with zero Tax benefits.

Cheers, Rudi

EvLectric

Reaction score
No matter how cool it would be to own Greeny I don't think I could part with this one.
Freaking gorgeous!

ctkarslake

Reaction score
Gorgeous and I imagine super rare w/factory bigsby, amazing.

ajory72

Reaction score
Interesting how in the lower bout [bass side] you can see a bit of cherry where I assume many an arm rested. Not sure but I dont recall seeing any bursts with that feature.. normally there is wear in the lower bout where your forearm would rest, I guess in this case its been exposed to UV's whilst being played and then popped into the shade or case - so that area never fades much..

Very nice guitar - look slike its been well cared for over the years.

Ducati

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
At even money of course the more famous and now infamous GREENY .How about you.
They're both amazing but I'm really drawn to this Bigsby burst. Love the flame and that lick of color on the lower bout.

JJ Blair

Reaction score
Crazy how red the back still is, while the top is all bleached out.

Jimmi

Reaction score
I think it must have been exposed to sunlight with something over part of the front. It is like there is a stripe across the top from the middle of the body on the bass side to the bottom of the guitar on the treble side.

Latest Threads