Uncle Lou is at it again '59 bigsby

OBX351

Reaction score
removed the comment...it was an inside joke

FUS44

Reaction score
Mike Campbell said something about his 'burst(beautiful, but a plain top) being $280K. That flamey beast is a bargain....

Fiftywattmafia

Reaction score
...I mean if shipping and Paypal are included then it's not a bad deal...

mbowen

Premium Member
Reaction score
That is 9-1998 i almost got it when Gil S. had it, great bigsby burst.That Is or was Kirk Hammett's burst but since he bought The Peter Green-Gary Moore Burst he may want to get rid of this one.Plus with the asking price of that burst -GREENY even he may need an extra 1/4 MIL which rumor has it would not even be a down payment --Hush Hush On THE QT>did not hear it from me.I do not know the price but asking had been over a MIL, i believe at one time. Mike B.

mbowen

Premium Member
Reaction score
Kirk with 9-1998

Shot of 9-1998 when Gil offered it to me a few years ago well known burst

Kirk with GREENY on tour last weekend i think.

_ZIGGY_

Banned
Reaction score
Fake.. Jp

Let me get my check book. She's purdy!

tonedragon

Reaction score
Wow the supernatural!! The haunting tones from the original black magic woman, albatross.... Is now being used by the umpteen time guitar mag poll best guitarist in world winner. Fu in killer. Amazing.couldn't be in better hands in my opinion.

Ducati

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Which one would you keep MB?

That is 9-1998 i almost got it when Gil S. had it, great bigsby burst.That Is or was Kirk Hammett's burst but since he bought The Peter Green-Gary Moore Burst he may want to get rid of this one.Plus with the asking price of that burst -GREENY even he may need an extra 1/4 MIL which rumor has it would not even be a down payment --Hush Hush On THE QT>did not hear it from me.I do not know the price but asking had been over a MIL, i believe at one time. Mike B.

JJ Blair

Reaction score
You would think that for $250k, he would include free shipping!

OBX351

Reaction score
MB - Gil had a '59 bigsby (i think it had a broken/repaired headstock) several years ago - like '08 or '09. I was just curious if you had played it. I think he sold it later that year or in '09 or '10. I don't think it's this one, but I thought I'd ask.

Funny story Gil brought the above mentioned '59 to a jam at my house. One of the owners of my company was playing it and said it was a great guitar....when I told him what it was and how much it was worth he went pale and almost dropped it. Comedy....

mbowen

Premium Member
Reaction score
MB - Gil had a '59 bigsby (i think it had a broken/repaired headstock) several years ago - like '08 or '09. I was just curious if you had played it. I think he sold it later that year or in '09 or '10. I don't think it's this one, but I thought I'd ask.

Different guitar. Mike B.

Funny story Gil brought the above mentioned '59 to a jam at my house. One of the owners of my company was playing it and said it was a great guitar....when I told him what it was and how much it was worth he went pale and almost dropped it. Comedy....
The price of these guitars scares a lot of people.Mike B.

Latest Threads