Uncirculated 1959 Burst - 9 0922

moreles

Reaction score
Meh. I like plaintops, but the overall look of this one is, IMO, not just boring, but even relatively unattractive. Maybe it's the pic, but those are dingy colors. To me, it looks like a fairly ordinary production LP -- which is what it was when made. The passing years haven't really added to its appearance at all. Very lifeless, to my eyes.

TrippyStormtrooper

Reaction score
I have no dream of being able to afford one, but man this is nice. Would love to hear some tones out of it tho.

pirate19

Reaction score
HuH ? Isn't a GA-5 an amplifier ??? :facepalm:
Indeed it is! As the ad states, the guitar comes with that amp. The joke was that I would pass on the guitar (perhaps the Holy Grail of all guitars) because I wouldn't want two of the same amp...and not because the guitar is so outrageously outside of my budget.....get it? :rofl:

BA-CHEE

Reaction score
Indeed it is! As the ad states, the guitar comes with that amp. The joke was that I would pass on the guitar (perhaps the Holy Grail of all guitars) because I wouldn't want two of the same amp...and not because the guitar is so outrageously outside of my budget.....get it? :rofl:
Okay , ... I got it , ... I didn't know that an amp was offered with the geetar , ... until I read the link !

ashbass

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No close up on the control cavity? Hmm, why not?

Well, it looks like someone(s) did some professional wiring in here. Look at the solder blobs on the vol pots. The grounding wire between the pots is goofy. Maybe I just don' t know anything anymore, but, well, that wiring sucks. Uncirculated maybe, but experimented on? Oh yes. And WHY not put the original strap buttons back on? Those locking stubs are ridiculous on a burst being sold. Silly sellers.

Last edited:

rogue3

Reaction score
The ad says it comes with the original strap posts.I guess if it was re-fretted in the eighties,fair to say there could be some tom-foolery under the hood. Uncirculated, but not virgin.

Come to think of it now,that '59 does remind me of a couple of Gary Richraths's(rip.) collection of vintage Les Pauls. Particularly that family shot he took in front of the log cabin.

Last edited:

talonmm

Reaction score
This illustrates something I have found, that in the 0900 serial range, the aniline they used turns brown as it fades. I think there's another range where it does that also. They must have changed suppliers for that run.
I am an admirer of the 0900 series too. Lots of plain tops with minimal flame, but they do keep their red better than many other ranges. I have an 04XX with a lower serial number and these plain tops are gorgeous!

treatb

Reaction score
clearly a chinese copy, i'll take it for ya, you don't want to dirty your hands with that...

GibsonKramer

The Three G's
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same here... Refret and belt rash?

That is not "uncirculated."

AJK1

Reaction score
It's in the book Beauty of the Burst, but it looks different in some ways