Uncirculated 1959 Burst - 9 0922

dspelman

Reaction score
"Uncirculated* in this case simply means that it wasn't sold and resold a lot, and that means pretty much nothing at all.
It's been refretted, and to my mind it really doesn't matter whether the wear has come from one person or from a few.

DeeCee

Reaction score
I've been to that shop a few times. Any guitarist who's passing through CPH heads there. The guy has some awesome vintage gear, loads of it, and he charges top coin.

Droog

Reaction score
Looks nice, but I already own a few Les Paul's. :naughty:

DaveSG

Reaction score
+1

Would be great to hear a tone report. Also happy/excited to see another burst that hasn't appeared in burstserial appear, but other than that, doesn't excited me much.

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
"Uncirculated* in this case simply means that it wasn't sold and resold a lot, and that means pretty much nothing at all.
It's been refretted, and to my mind it really doesn't matter whether the wear has come from one person or from a few.
Yep, uncirculated to me is referencing Coin Collecting; means the coin was never used, or, in circulation.

I suppose it could be used to describe an unused guitar; never heard that term with re: to guitars. Suppose there is always a first time.

zombiwoof

Reaction score
Yep, uncirculated to me is referencing Coin Collecting; means the coin was never used, or, in circulation.

I suppose it could be used to describe an unused guitar; never heard that term with re: to guitars. Suppose there is always a first time.
I would just refer to it as a single-owner guitar, being that it has had a refret it is not "un-used". Uncirculated generally infers mint condition. Despite that, it is a nice guitar for sure.
Al

JJ Blair

Reaction score
This illustrates something I have found, that in the 0900 serial range, the aniline they used turns brown as it fades. I think there's another range where it does that also. They must have changed suppliers for that run.

JohnnyN

Premium Member
Reaction score
My birthday is o9/22 anyone with extra change under their couch cushions buy if for me IM A REALLY GOOD BOY :naughty::naughty::naughty:
I live less than 3 hours drive from Copenhagen. Send the money to me and I'll pick it up and store it for you...

...store it at a secret place indefinitely :naughty:

rogue3

Reaction score
This illustrates something I have found, that in the 0900 serial range, the aniline they used turns brown as it fades. I think there's another range where it does that also. They must have changed suppliers for that run.
That is a nice top color.

I have always been a little perplexed why Gibson called my 1989 Standard "Vintage Burst"(2 color golden brown burst), as all the originals i've seen in pics over the years don't even come close to a golden Brown like it ...except this '59 example.I guess there were a few after all.

Beautiful '59 burst!

Last edited: