Unburst Les Paul Std color looks off to me

Tsukiyomi

Reaction score
God, I haven't been in here in years... Sorry to go slightly o/t from the unburst, but following on from the Sweetwater mention - I just got the last Classic that SW had in and agree that their own photos look lighter than real life. With that said, here's my actual guitar on their site along with a real life shot. I'm happy, I wanted a 'less brown' Honeyburst and got lucky
:cool:
3.jpg
14.jpg

Last edited:

Injector

Reaction score
God, I haven't been in here in years... Sorry to go slightly o/t from the unburst, but following on from the Sweetwater mention - I just got the last Classic that SW had in and agree that their own photos look lighter than real life. With that said, here's my actual guitar on their site along with a real life shot. I'm happy, I wanted a 'less brown' Honeyburst and got lucky
:cool:
View attachment 561154 View attachment 561155
That's the perfect Classic.

dro

Reaction score
What they look like not near as important as how they sound through a proper tube amp.
If buying on looks alone. You'll never find "THAT Guitar".
If playin through an emulator. May as well save some money and buy an Epi.

ben2e

Reaction score
@Tsukiyomi thanks. Nice to see the comparison photo. At least next time I'll have more perspective. Your photo looks far closer to what I was looking for. Less washed out. Less "peach".
@kingfredward awesome unburst. How'd you find it ?

kingfredward

Reaction score
@Tsukiyomi thanks. Nice to see the comparison photo. At least next time I'll have more perspective. Your photo looks far closer to what I was looking for. Less washed out. Less "peach".
@kingfredward awesome unburst. How'd you find it ?

I love my unburst man. You wouldn't be disappointed although there's so much demand for them they sell out quick

ben2e

Reaction score
Definitely a trick to find a good one. GC/Musicians Friend don't post photos and there's a huge range of weights and tops so you take your chances. Nice that Samash or Sweetwater (and others) at least has that much (even if their colors are skewed).

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely a trick to find a good one. GC/Musicians Friend don't post photos and there's a huge range of weights and tops so you take your chances. Nice that Samash or Sweetwater (and others) at least has that much (even if their colors are skewed).
Go to wild wood guitars.... they have really nice LP standards right now.

ben2e

Reaction score
Another. Same (perhaps skewed) colors. Has some interesting grain action at least but still looks a bit off for an unburst.

Attachments

Peter M

Reaction score
^ Bad pic to judge by... you can easily see the lighting washes out the top. I'm surprised at Sweetwater, they usually take killer photos.

Last edited:

jbash

Reaction score
The unburst by far is the color that is at the extremes.

Some maple tops it looks like a completely washed out Honeyburst.

And on others it looks kinda like an old burst where the red faded out perfectly.

There does not seem to be any middle ground with this color.

jbash

Reaction score
Another. Same (perhaps skewed) colors. Has some interesting grain action at least but still looks a bit off for an unburst.
Always look to a constant when viewing sweetwater pics- I always look at the knobs. There is no variance really in the color of the knobs. In this case, the knobs don't look too skewed, so the color of the top is probably pretty close.

ben2e

Reaction score
@kingfredward when I look at the photo of yours, I'm more motivated to wait for just the right one. These things are in such short supply it's tempting to jump once any are in stock.

ben2e

Reaction score
@jbash true. If I look at the one here at SamAsh the knobs are indeed a darker gold color (as is the entire guitar). Hard to know what they'd look like side to side. I should see if Lightroom will do some white balance adjustment.

SamAshLesPaul.jpg

Latest Threads