Unburst Les Paul Std color looks off to me

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great, what are you waiting for...

**EDIT** That first photo wasn't there when i posted.... the top on that one isn't very flamey, i'd wait for different one or get a honey burst classic.

Last edited:

RocketKing

Reaction score
If you like plaintops /like how it feels and plays...
I'd pass or get a Classic.
Same finish and same plaintop for cheaper

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, some colours really don't reproduce well on screen. The kindred burst is one can look a bit banana toffee on screen, in the flesh though, looks great. So i would have a look in person if possible, looks like a bit of flame is showing, which also may be better in person.

ben2e

Reaction score
They had a classic not long ago but similar pale colors. Wasn't nearly as golden as the classic lp honeyburst stock photo.

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had a classic not long ago but similar pale colors. Wasn't nearly as golden as the classic lp honeyburst stock photo.
Gibson's colors tend to vary... also sweetwater photos look a lot brighter then reality.

Peter M

Reaction score
I can initially see that I don't like the long, uninterrupted grains running from end-to-end. They completely run over the mild flame it has on the bottom.

ben2e

Reaction score
@MP4-22 thanks for the compare. I figured that might make for some of the difference. In the case of yours, it just looks lighter but same color tones. I see what you mean though.

Overture

Reaction score
Yeah that's a disappointing top for a Standard. My Unburst had a really nice flame on it.

Peter M

Reaction score
That's a beautiful plain top HB Classic. Very similar pattern to mine.

ben2e

Reaction score
@Peter M I know, I wonder if the color in the photo is just off. It's also a lot pinker than the stock photo.

Peter M

Reaction score
Hmmm... I'm viewing the picture on my cell phone and I don't see any pink at all. That looks like textbook honeyburst to me.

BDW60

Reaction score
I would have to call that unburst at Sweetwater “Peach Tea.” It’s ugly as hell, if that’s the real color. Hard to know.

ben2e

Reaction score
Peach Tea is the perfect description. Having purchased maple cabinets a few years back, they did noticeably yellow in a year or two. Perhaps these would look different in a couple years of the same aging.

Latest Threads