Un-Made Tom Bartlett 1959 Kit For Sale

dazzypig

Reaction score
Hi folks,

It looks as though I’m okay to sell this in the classifieds so I thought I’d better make a proper thread for it.

Here for sale is a Tom Bartlett 1959 replica kit I brought directly from Tom about eight years ago. I had hoped to get it built myself but have come to the conclusion that I should probably now move it along to someone who will get it finished.

This is the best replica kit I could find, largely because Tom’s attention to detail bordered on obsessive: chemically correct plastics, period-correct wood species, a painstakingly CAD modelled and CNC carved top, and even the precise duplication of machining-marks obtained during the original manufacturing process. I don’t really think you can get any closer to the real deal without buying one. I also paid extra to have the headstock shaped by Tom and a veneer applied.

I requested that Tom inlay his own logo on the headstock veneer as it seemed appropriate to me that his name be on the guitar.

I have no idea how much this kit is worth as I’ve never seen an uncompleted one for sale second-hand before.

I’m asking for £2,750 GBP (as I’m in the UK) but am open to serious offers.

As for shipping, I can ship to anywhere in the world, but it will be at the buyer’s expense. Please ask me for a quote.

Thanks for looking, and please don’t hesitate to ask any questions or request further photographs of the kit.

Regards,
Darren

IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2382.JPG

IMG_2383.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2385.JPG
IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2388.JPG

IMG_2389.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG

IMG_2391.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG

IMG_2397.JPG

IMG_2398.JPG

IMG_2399.JPG

IMG_2402.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

RAG7890

Reaction score
I wonder if @valvetoneman can use this Kit & finish it off for someone.

You guys should talk.

Good luck.

:cheers2:

valvetoneman

Reaction score
If you want to chat pm me, I don't think it would take much work to get that done, I'd love to look at it though and compare my specs if you're interested

Where abouts are you based

Cheers Darren

cmjohnson

Reaction score
I just want to point out that if the fingerboard is Brazilian Rosewood, then you can't ship the neck internationally unless you have the appropriate CITES paperwork and export permit. To do so would be to risk a customs seizure.

So you might want to mention what country you're in, and buyers would need to be in the same country.

Airplane

Reaction score
Great specimen. Nice timbers... I‘d much rather buy this instead of a reissue. If i was in the market for a LP that is...

I just want to point out that if the fingerboard is Brazilian Rosewood, then you can't ship the neck internationally unless you have the appropriate CITES paperwork and export permit. To do so would be to risk a customs seizure.

So you might want to mention what country you're in, and buyers would need to be in the same country.
I don’t want to be a dick but i think everybody here is aware of the CITES situation. BTW the seller‘s location is in the original post. You‘ll see it when you read it with your eyes open.

alk-3

Reaction score
If you want to chat pm me, I don't think it would take much work to get that done, I'd love to look at it though and compare my specs if you're interested

Where abouts are you based

Cheers Darren
If you have my generic plans (and I think you do) than you have the specs.

valvetoneman

Reaction score
If you have my generic plans (and I think you do) than you have the specs.
No I use specs taken from a 58, I got to pull the backplates off and pickups out to get the wiring channel placement, I've looked at a few others Inc a 55 custom that was stripped for repairs

alk-3

Reaction score
No I use specs taken from a 58, I got to pull the backplates off and pickups out to get the wiring channel placement, I've looked at a few others Inc a 55 custom that was stripped for repairs
What I meant to say was “if you have my generic plans (which I think you do) than you have the specs of this kit.” In other words this kit is made from my generic plans.

valvetoneman

Reaction score
What I meant to say was “if you have my generic plans (which I think you do) than you have the specs of this kit.” In other words this kit is made from my generic plans.
Oh ok I thought you made these to a specific 59, anyway it'll still be a great guitar when it's finished

dazzypig

Reaction score
The kit has now been sold!

Thanks for all the interest and enquiries! :yesway:

fretfinder

Reaction score
That’s a really streaky fingerboard. Looks very similar to the Indian rosewood board on an R9 I have.

Latest Threads