Um..perfect solo for a blues gig?

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a word for playing like that at a blues gig..... It's called 'fired'.

Watched a different vid with him and some guys doing laid back jazz stuff.... He 'can' play... But, it didn't take long and here comes what I call waterfall riff.... Same riff, just walk it up or walk it down..... Just a bunch of fast shit that says nuttin.... Wankeriffic....

Larry can say more with one single bend....because it'll be in the exact perfect place, with perfect rate of bend, land perfectly on target, and hold for the perfect time....

I know several players that can blister like the OPie vid... They are eternally one of two things, 'at the house' or do 'hired gun band' jobs.... Nobody will play with them on any reg basis....

A bud of mine did a pickup gig with one of those type guys/bands... all hired guns... He asked me about the guy and I told him he books shit when there ain't even a band, no song list, no rehearsal, and he's bat shit. Brace yo damn self.... Told him to have fun, it was one gig, although a dive he'd make good geet for one night, but don't join any discussion about any further gigs with him until AFTER this gig is over.... His response to me the day after the gig? 'GFD! That MF is out of his MF mind...Loud ass wanking to the point I couldn't hear a MF thing. All MF Night....' ...and my bud doesn't cuss much. ;)

I'll occasionally ask him when their next gig is.... ' FYATHYRIO!'

mdubya

Reaction score
Well, if you're going to do the uniform right, you will need boat shoes, khakis, Izod shirt and a shiny, new PRS. :laugh2: But then again, those guys typically have trouble with anything more than a quarter note. ;)

You don't get that it is all about the feel and the emotion of the suburban mini van struggle in the note. And the space between the notes. The space is so important to express the emotion for Panera Bread sandwiches and artisan coffee.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You don't get that it is all about the feel and the emotion of the suburban mini van struggle in the note. And the space between the notes. The space is so important to express the emotion for Panera Bread sandwiches and artisan coffee.

Chipotle blues

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'all ain't experienced the Waffle House Blues....

Get a couple hunnert 4am visits to Waffle House and you'll know the Waffle House Blues....

Lungo

Reaction score
The guy played some fast lines but I could hear every single note. He played in rhythm. He played in key. He used nice vibrato and phrasing. But he didn’t try to sound like BB King so it sucked lol.

Latest Threads