Ulitmate "Real or Fake"

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
Here is a Chinese site that uses pictures of authentic guitars to sell their fakes. Here is a link to MY pictures that were lifted off ebay and are being used to sell fake Les Paul Specials: Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Special SG 60 RI Yamano TV on TradeTang.com They have hundreds and hundreds of lifted pictures if you check their whole site out. The way I found out about this is the person who bought my Les Paul was trying to tell me that my Les Pauls is a Chinese fake! I straightened him out, I said go ahead and order from this site and see what you get! He has had my Special for 3 months, and does not know enough about Gibson to tell a real from a Chinese fake!

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Looks too Glossy for a TV Les Paul, also dont TV's have
gold painted Gibson logos instead of inlays?

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
It is a Les Paul I sold. Specials have inlays, TV Juniors have gold decals. IT IS NOT FAKE, the Chinese site is using pictures of REAL Gibsons to sell their fakes. Too Glossy? Where were you in the pre VOS days? (2005 and before)

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I didnt read where it said they were your photos
But actualy i have never seen a TV that shiny.
My bad,

Jason

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe you're letting that go for so cheap.

:laugh2: Sorry man, just kidding... rough day? I hate being misunderstood too.

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
I only buy shiny Les Pauls! The one on the Chinese site was my 1993 Custom Shop Edition VERY Rare preHistoric 1993 Special reissue. Here was my 2005 Historic Special Reissue....even shinier:

05R0.jpg

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score

Just got off email and the phone explaining what is what to a total idiot, so, imagine my surprise when someone on THIS FORUM, is telling me the Special must be fake because it is too shiny and has a Gibson pearl inlay, rather than a Junior Gibson decal? I never claimed to be classy.

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
And here is another TV finish I had, a 2001 R7 all mahogany Yamano with TV finish. Don't you guys buy shiny Les Pauls?

02R7.jpg

Cookie-boy

Reaction score
Stealy has been round the block and has played all his life. Not just a player but a performer too. Like a lot of us he probably hasn't made it his life's mission to know every minute detail of the Gibson range.:thumb:

circusboy28

Reaction score
That TV Special is magnificent, the colour and sheen are just great. If only there were some cheap fakes about that looked like that!

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
Here is a quote of the first line of my opening post:
"Here is a Chinese site that uses pictures of authentic guitars to sell their fakes."

This was a PSA, for those who may order off sites like these. The point was, just because the pictures look like real Gibsons, does not mean you will get what is pictured. And to see one of my former Les Pauls on there is proof positive they use pictures of real Gibsons to sell $30 guitars for $350.

lp_junkie

Reaction score
I dull the finishes, I do not like shiny guitars..................

Latest Threads