UK sellers thread

joff

Reaction score
FOR SALE: GIBSON CUSTOM SHOP VOS ERIC CLAPTON BEANO 1960 LES PAUL REISSUE.

I am selling an absolutely beautiful VOS Beano, which i bought new when this very Limited Edition Artist run of only 350 VOS Beanos were built Worldwide in 2011.

This Beano has a stunning Eastern maple lightly flamed top with an 'Antiquity Burst', very lightweight solid one-piece mahogany back and a stunning very dark one-piece East Indian rosewood fretboard.

It has an Eric Clapton approved 1960 Les Paul neck profile (which is slightly thicker than the slim R0 neck), a set of wonderful Custom Shop Beano Custombuckers and a set of nickel plated Grover tuners.

Perfectly balanced, very resonant and it only weighs 8 lb 6 oz (about 8.25 lbs)!

It comes with a very nice white COA with an old photo of Eric playing his Beano, Custom Shop hardcase with an 'Eric Clapton' signature silkscreen, unused 1960's syled cloth guitar strap, unopened Beano album cd, unused Beano comic poster, case candy, hang tags and the original shipping box.

This truly gorgeous Beano is in 'mint' condition, having been part of a very well cared for guitar collection.

It is totally original.

£7,999

Please contact me on 01275 464057 or 07866 627083 (near Bristol Airport).

Beano.jpg

Beano 1.jpg
Beano 3.jpg

Beano 5.jpg
Beano 6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BKS

Jumping@shadows

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
FOR SALE/PARTIAL TRADE, Vintage 1959 Gibson ES225 Dual Pickup in mind blowing neat mint condition!

Hi all, up for sale is an exceptionally clean, and superb sounding 1959 ES225 dual pickup, 100% bone stock and complete with equally clean original croc case.

Aside from the exceptional original condition throughout, this has the legendary chunky ‘59 Burst neck carve every R9 tries to emulate, and the P90s sounds simply stellar! Incredibly woody, dry and articulate with exceptionally sweet and fat middle position and equally rich played clean as well as dirty and rivals any late ‘50s ES330 or 335 I’ve had for tone!

Price is £5850 OBO, and the guitar is located in the UK, but I’m happy to ship anywhere it needs to get to, expertly packed.

I’m also open to partial trades for other cool vintage gear so let me know what you have and we can discuss.

Thanks for looking, J@S

Epoxy

Reaction score
This is a feeler on selling my 1999 Tokai LS320 in violin finish. This is a single cut LP hand made in Japan. The original case is included along with the pick guard, which has never been fitted. Pickups signed by both Seymour Duncan and Seth Lover.

The only changes to the original specification (given below) have been to recently replace the pickup selector with a new swithchcraft switch, to upgrade the bridge to a Nashville bridge and to replace the original tuners with Klusons.

Frets show negligible wear. The only item of damage has been that some laquer has been chipped off the corner of the headstock, as shown in the photograph below.

LS-32046_zps6c8162b2.JPG

IMG_1701.JPG

Tokai LS320 Specs:

Body:

AAAA Flame Maple Two Piece Top

Honduras Mahagony One Piece Back

Neck:

Honduras Mahagony One Piece Deep Joint

Fretboard:

Jacaranda Brazilian Rosewood

Fret Edge Binding

Bridge:

LS-VB Bridge

LS-VT Aluminium Tailpiece

Pickups:

Seymour Dundan SH-55

Pots:

CTS

Caps:

Black Cat

Case:

OHSC

Weight 4.4 kg/9.8 Lbs

Year 1999

If you have any queries, or require any further details, please feel free to PM me.

I’m asking £2000 + postage via PPG within the EU.

Finally, as I'm reducing the number of guitars I have, I'm not interested in trades of any kind.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: AML

Brek

Reaction score
This is a feeler on selling my 1999 Tokai LS320 in violin finish. This is a single cut LP hand made in Japan. The original case is included along with the pick guard, which has never been fitted. Pickups signed by both Seymour Duncan and Seth Lover.

The only changes to the original specification (given below) have been to recently replace the pickup selector with a new swithchcraft switch, to upgrade the bridge to a Nashville bridge and to replace the original tuners with Klusons.

Frets show negligible wear. The only item of damage has been that some laquer has been chipped off the corner of the headstock, as shown in the photograph below.

View attachment 485665

View attachment 485667

Tokai LS320 Specs:

Body:

AAAA Flame Maple Two Piece Top

Honduras Mahagony One Piece Back

Neck:

Honduras Mahagony One Piece Deep Joint

Fretboard:

Jacaranda Brazilian Rosewood

Fret Edge Binding

Bridge:

LS-VB Bridge

LS-VT Aluminium Tailpiece

Pickups:

Seymour Dundan SH-55

Pots:

CTS

Caps:

Black Cat

Case:

OHSC

Weight 4.4 kg/9.8 Lbs

Year 1999

If you have any queries, or require any further details, please feel free to PM me.

I’m asking £2000 + postage via PPG within the EU.

Finally, as I'm reducing the number of guitars I have, I'm not interested in trades of any kind.
whereabouts in uk are you?

mono

Reaction score
Want to buy - Les Paul junior
What's out there? All the way from USA models to vintage Gibson's, I don't have a budget in mind....

Alexp88

Reaction score
FS 1961 Melody Maker single cut 'Gus'

This is a 1961 Melody maker which in the late 60's / early 70's was modded with a pat no sticker TTop humbucker and PAT no Chrome Grovers.

It pains me to sell this one but It's not getting played as it should and I need a new family car.

Musical provenance
I am the 4th owner of this guitar, How do i know this? Well the chap i bought it from purchased this guitar from the estate of Gus Yeadon who was a musician from the late 60's who traded for this guitar while on a tour in Sweden back in the 60's from the original owner. This guitar was used extensively by Gus on many records, one of which is in the pictures with Gus holding this very guitar with the added pickup. The guitar comes with its case which is a time capsule in itself covered in stickers from the 60's and 70's and were probably picked up along with the gigs and studio sessions he attended. It also includes some of Gus's records and written song lyrics.

Condition
The guitar has everything you would want from a great player and the T Top pickup is simply divine. The neck is nice and chunky and doesn't appear very slim. Don't be fooled by this being a one pickup guitar, it's glorious and the most resonant instrument I own. Regarding condition the main things to note is obviously the pickup route has been enlarged, The pots have been changed by but the originals are in the case. The knobs are the original ones, the tailpiece is a Mojoaxe replacement (I cannot find the original bridge from the pics). The pic guard was changed to a mirrored plastic one by Gus so I've left it as it. I have not done anything to the pickup rout nor has it been re-fretted but the new owner may wish to work on these if required.
The guitar has no breaks that I can see and the finish is original and has beautiful checking all over.

NOW £1995

I'm afraid I won't ship this one but happy to meet within a reasonable distance of Bristol.

image1.JPG
image3.JPG
IMG_2793.JPG
image5.JPG
image3.JPG

Reactions: BKS

eatapeach

Reaction score
Bacchus Jazz bass for sale.

Original Japan production from the early 90s.

It weighs 3.56kg or 7lb 8oz. It's a 7.25 inch radius fretboard just like a 62 Jazz

Neck width at nut is 1.5" - so a typical Fender A neck

Depth at 12th fret is .933" - and at first fret is .85" Lovely playing bass.

A couple of marks but no chips.

£995 obo

tiny.jpg
f12968568.jpg
f13010808.jpg
f13601784.jpg
f13505016.jpg
f13044152.jpg
f15825144.jpg
f15623800.jpg
f14158008.jpg
f13723384.jpg
f14855096.jpg
f14363192.jpg
f15002040.jpg
f14060472.jpg

Last edited:

bosnialove

Reaction score
Gibson LP Historic Reissue from the year 1993 to 2007: OFFER ME EVERYTHING! '58, '59 or '60 Standard Reissue, Black Beauty '54, '57 and '60 Custom Reissue is also allowed! I want to buy one..

Brek

Reaction score
Gibson LP Historic Reissue from the year 1993 to 2007: OFFER ME EVERYTHING! '58, '59 or '60 Standard Reissue, Black Beauty '54, '57 and '60 Custom Reissue is also allowed! I want to buy one..
Where you based mate?

Brek

Reaction score
ah shucks the only pre 07 i have is a goldtop.

Cmw335

Reaction score
FS 1954 Gibson SJ-200

The King Of The Flat Tops they say, this is a 1954 Gibson SJ-200 which was the last year these guitars were built with solid maple back and sides. From 55 onwards back and sides were laminated.

Guitar has some replaced tuners and new saddle but originals are included (machine heads not functional).
Has been fitted with a K&K Pure Mini Pick Up
Lots of crazed checking all over the finish but no cracks or repairs and structurally sound so has the perfect vintage vibe without compromising the important aspects of the condition.

All in all great condition for a 66 year old guitar.

Nice chunky neck and Brazilian board makes it the most comfortable neck I have ever played on an acoustic and I have owned some crackers!!

Unfortunately, like a lot of these old Gibson acoustics, the soundhole label has perished so the serial is not visible however this can be dated by the stamp on the neck block X = 1954 as well as some other features.

Includes original Lifton Case.

£9500 happy to discuss postage in UK/EU

5BC9D911-000A-4CA9-83F8-13140C8221FD.jpeg

Attachments

Cmw335

Reaction score
FS 1965 Gibson SG Special

This is an amazing instrument but also serves as a fantastic piece of history with an original hand written guarantee from Chicago Musical Instrument Co (who actually had controlling stake in Gibson at this time), price tag, Gibson manual and leather strap. The paperwork references the serial number and colour of the guitar and shows it was sold by the store on 3/01/1967. It's not often a guitar comes with such provenance and this is consolidated by a receipt from Pym Guitars who sold it to the previous owner in 2014 again referencing the serial and 100% originality of the guitar this is very much a purchase with confidence.

The original tuners have been swapped for preservation purposes, they are a little stiff but can easily be serviced and are included in the sale along with the repro set currently on the guitar. No extra holes have been drilled this was a like for like replacement which can be easily reversed.

Located in Scotland but can be posted in UK/EU message me to discuss.

£5500

Attachments

the passenger

Reaction score
FS: BARTLETT '59 and another Master-built '59

You can find them in the "Other Single Cuts - Classifieds" section if interested. Located in the EU.

bosnialove

Reaction score
2003 Brazilian rosewood '59 Gibson LP Historic CS

My 2003 Brazilian rosewood '59 Gibson LP Historic CS is open for offers.

The reason for selling it is that I don't like to reprise with such an expensive guitar. I always have to be very careful. That is why I prefer a cheaper Gibson LP Historic, which is not to be handled very carefully that much as this guitar. I want a 'cheaper' '59 Reissue. I also want a top with more flame in it.

The COA, Gibson Historic Lifton case, all other documentation regarding the verification of the Brazilian roswood on the guitar is all included. The original purchase receipt is also included.

Everything on the guitar is original, only the nut has been replaced by a bone nut. The original nut is included. Furthermore, all parts and electronics are original. The frets are also original and in good condition. The guitar has some minor signs of wear, but is certainly still in 90% new condition.

Beside the fact that it is a Brazilian rosewood Ginson LP '59 Historic (which are extremely rare here in Europe), this guitar is even more rare because it has the nickname: 'The Kiss'. The original owner has named it like that because of the wood grain that looks like a womans kiss.

Nimco

Reaction score
Looking for nickel hardware for my Gibson LP studio:
Aluminum bridge + inserts, Aluminum Nashville, Grover Rotomatics.

Can either purchase or swap for the Chrome hardware on my LP.

AML

Reaction score
1972 all-original Celestion G12H 30W speakers (pair)

From a 1973 Marshall Artiste 2x12 combo. Pulsonic "102 14" cones, 'greenback' covers in excellent condition (dust and minor marks only), 55Hz speakers from Dec 1972. Date codes are both "ME29" and the model is T1460 (the 8-ohm version of the T1281).

I'd prefer to sell them as a pair at £400, but you can buy one for £225 (plus shipping or collect from Cambridge).

Latest Threads