UK resident finds filthy Gibson Les Paul she kept in a closet

Spirit

Reaction score
I know this material world is real. It exists, I have ample evidence of it. But an afterlife? Heaven? Hell? Gods and devils, angels and demons? Purely hypothetical! Not a shred of hard evidence for any of it! We many just go POOF at the end of our lives and that's that.

I'm interested in living the only life I KNOW FOR SURE that I will ever have, and not focus all my efforts on trying to make that hypothetical afterlife a great one, not at the expense of THIS life.

I won't spend this life praying on my knees hoping to look acceptable enough, to a god that I've never seen, hoping I'm good enough to be allowed in his special club.

I'd rather see to it that this life is comfortable. And yes, live well and according to a good moral code, not out of any specific desire to appear to be acceptable to this hypothetical deity, but simply because it's a good way to live with others.
I feel sorry for you ,you cannot teach a blind man to open his eyes you are lost my friend

i have been involved in spiritual awareness and awakening for over 30 years
i know through practice there is an afterlife
if I tell you what water tastes like you don’t believe me
drink the water yourself and then you understand

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know this material world is real. It exists, I have ample evidence of it. But an afterlife? Heaven? Hell? Gods and devils, angels and demons? Purely hypothetical! Not a shred of hard evidence for any of it! We may just go POOF at the end of our lives and that's that.

I'm interested in living the only life I KNOW FOR SURE that I will ever have, and not focus all my efforts on trying to make that hypothetical afterlife a great one, not at the expense of THIS life.

I won't spend this life praying on my knees hoping to look acceptable enough, to a god that I've never seen, hoping I'm good enough to be allowed in his special club.

I'd rather see to it that this life is comfortable. And yes, live well and according to a good moral code, not out of any specific desire to appear to be acceptable to this hypothetical deity, but simply because it's a good way to live with others.
What would make you think that bringing religion into this thread is acceptable?

You seriously can’t be that stupid.

cmjohnson

Reaction score
Got caught up in the moment, sorry. Just acknowledging that this shouldn't be here.

lwchafin

Reaction score
I understand that if you have the means the you can get what you want and I absolutely love that he plays them but sometimes it just feels wrong that one person can have so many of something, i.e a fucking awesome guitar or whatever. And as I just typed that I had the thought that it’s only been my friends that have played my guitars so maybe I’m no different from any other collector, which I’m not.
The answer is to pay the level of attention he pays and outbid him. Otherwise what’s the beef? I’d love to have more than half of the guitars JoBo has reportedly bought, but I don’t try to outbid him so I’ve got no beef with him buying them at all.

roxrob

Reaction score
The answer is to pay the level of attention he pays and outbid him. Otherwise what’s the beef? I’d love to have more than half of the guitars JoBo has reportedly bought, but I don’t try to outbid him so I’ve got no beef with him buying them at all.
At least Joe B takes them out and plays them....I reckon he's a pretty good custodian. Some he keeps and some he sells on. He gets them playable and they live to fight another day. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

Leee

Extremism in defense of Liberty is no vice
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rather see someone like Warren Haynes snapping up these relics and taking them out when he plays with pretty much anyone who has a little extra space on the stage!
In my wildest dreams, I cannot imagine any living guitar players I could see live onstage that would push Warren Haynes out of the top 5 live shows I’ve ever seen.

DelawareGold

_______Artie_______
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
WarrenHaynes.JPG

DelawareGold

_______Artie_______
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I saw Mule a couple of times, but I met Warren in 2003.
I saw Tedeschi - Trucks in 2015.

In all the times I have seen Gov't Mule, I have never seen him play
this song. I will see Warren every time I can until I do. The best ever!

Latest Threads