UFC 207....End of Ronda?

Droog

Reaction score
So last night ( mostly because it wasn't my T.V. and I didn't have to pay for it ) I watched some of UFC 207....

Did Ronda Rousey not learn anything from when she lost her title? I mean, why not just paint a damn bulls eye on your face. If this was her coaches game plan....well that's ....:shock:

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
She didn't strike me as very prepared for that. In fact, she didn't strike very much at all.
Acting or retirement??
I'd retire. She's got what I'd consider "f*ck you money" already.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
She's done. My guess is that this her one chance to prove she's not a loser. I mean look at the way she was hyped and marketed back when she was champ. They said she could fight with men, they said she could woop Floyd. Nobody can live up to that.

Actinic

Reaction score

Time to retire before her face is ruined by fighting. She was a one-trick pony, and once the other fighters discovered how to counter her charging style, she was finito.

Seven

Reaction score
Can't stand her or her attitude..

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
Hot. She looks tasty getting her face beat.

Caretaker

Reaction score
Done.
She`ll end up wrestling where she won`t get beat up.

danohat

Reaction score
I hate watching women fight but for some reason I like watching Ronda get punched.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think Ronda has fallen into that trap that so many do.....she begun to believe her own bull**** and hype.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
She'll obviously be just fine financially.

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that at this point, considering how long MMA has been around, that she hasn't figured out that no matter how good you are there are people working on how to beat you. You need to either to keep adding to your bag of tricks or retire, because someone has figured out your weakness, especially after a lot of wins.

Guitarhack

Reaction score
It might be over for her.

Age and poor preparation have been her undoing. I suppose she could get new coaching that might help her with her strategy. I blame the coaches for allowing her to try and strike with boxers. She has a great ground game, but is not a good boxer.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Make some quick money, before getting irreversible brain damage and become a commentator for the next 20 or so years. There is no way she wasn't concussed in that bit (posted above) and she took shots to the head, after being concussed which, is the danger zone for head/brain injuries (a concussion on top of a concussion). That other fighter looks like she knows how to box and just keeps popping her, right on the button.

TheX

And then?
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
She got beat by a better fighter.

Simple as that.

mdubya

Reaction score
Last night she looked like she had never fought before. She looked lost.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Between that knockout kick to the face in that other fight and this one, I'd say this one really has to be the most humiliating, after all that sh!t-talking. The kick was a one-strike knockout that even the best fighter could have been caught off guard by. But this one was a savage beating, and she had time (but not the ability) to do something about it.
This one really showed her being destroyed, and I've never seen a flattering picture of someone getting their face beat in, but these looked really bad. I bet she's gonna hate the internet for the next few months until she's forgotten by all but a few.

FUS44

Reaction score
I'm surprised that at this point, considering how long MMA has been around, that she hasn't figured out that no matter how good you are there are people working on how to beat you. You need to either to keep adding to your bag of tricks or retire, because someone has figured out your weakness, especially after a lot of wins.
This.

She followed the arc of some of the most dominant male fighters. I thought it might be a while before the division caught up when she broke in, but I was wrong. HH provided the blueprint and Nunes modified it for a more efficient beating.

Latest Threads