U.S. Marines, U.K. officially end military operations in Afghanistan

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
.. well I am not sure we can get all into the past and now the present ..

.. I know this .. service members that have made up the coalition from I don't know how many countries .. need a break ..

.. just as you take care of mechanical equipment with regular maintenance .. not in any way diminish military personnel by comparing them to machines, but they need to be treated better and it needs to be better funded ..

.. they may have better programs in place for equipment than they do people ..

.. although IDK .. there are advocates and a growing awareness ..

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not to mention we helped arm both Afghanistan and Saddam in the first place. :facepalm:

Who the hell do you think created/funded AQ? :laugh2: It wouldn't surprise me if our shadow gov created ISIS as well.

Easy boys. We know better than to head in that direction.

"this", ain't "that".

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Mod note*

Final warning: Keep the politics out of here. I don't want to close this thread, but I will.

Fair warning: Next post that breaks the rules against politics (no posting references to political parties and / or political figures ), and they who do not take this seriously will get some time off.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Understood. :shock::thumb:

I wasn't going for politics, just the history of the thing, and how we got drawn in. As mentioned by some, it's hard to believe this is over. Or can be.

I was also thinking of the $260 million worth of equipment left at Camp Leatherneck alone for the Afghan forces. What are the chances it will end up in the wrong hands ultimately? I don't know. How competent and dedicated are they really?

mtgguitar

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good. Afghanistan is known as the "Graveyard of Empires."

No nation, ancient or modern has ever had their way with the country. Alexander the Great tried, United Kingdom failed twice and most of us remember Russia's experience there.

(WIKI)
In the aftermath of the second British misadventure in Afghanistan, Rudyard Kipling penned his immortal lines on the role of the local women in tidying up the battlefields:

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains
And the women come out to cut up what remains
Jest roll to your rifle an' blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.:shock:

hrfdez

Reaction score
One thing is for sure, I'm glad our soldiers are not going to be used as the Afgan Opium Police Force.

A friend of mine serving in Afghanistan was doing guard duty on poppy fields, seriously? So now the U.S. Military serves as drug lords private army, this is BS and I can't believe how the American people are not pissed about it.

Oh no, my bad, I forgot, they just don't give a fook.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
One thing is for sure, I'm glad our soldiers are not going to be used as the Afgan Opium Police Force.

A friend of mine serving in Afghanistan was doing guard duty on poppy fields, seriously? So now the U.S. Military serves as drug lords private army, this is BS and I can't believe how the American people are not pissed about it.

Oh no, my bad, I forgot, they just don't give a fook.

Sure seemed like they didn't give a **** for at least a decade.

RAG7890

Reaction score
May they get home safe, and may we take care of them as they damned well deserve.

Good point Thump. :thumb:

Regardless of whether people agree or disagree with what the Soldiers are doing anywhere, if they are sent by their Government of the day to do a job, when they come back they should be treated with respect.

I was a little too young at the time but the Aussie Soldiers fighting in Vietnam were treated badly when they came home by a fair % of the population...............for doing their job.

It took many, many years before they were allowed to even march in the ANZAC Day Parade (as I understand it) which to me was very wrong.

A lot of Soldiers on all sides of the fence, in all conflicts often come back with a load of baggage & need to be supported & helped by their Country & the People.

My 2c FWIW.

Cheers, Rudi

tinman402

Reaction score
We create a lot of our own problems around the world. American stands for asshole in Russian...:p

James Carney

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
riskrulesconsolidationsm.jpg

Latest Threads