U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Two things - I will never force somebody to own a gun.
Don't want one?
Don't buy one.
Correct.
All I ask is that you anti-gunners have the same respect and latitude for MY rights.
All is cool then.
Correct again.
The second thing?
I have found that the ones cheering loudest that would never own a gun?
Clueless.
Clueless about gun laws, gun rights, gun ownership, gun safety, gun anything.

Yet they feel qualified to tell 80 million Americans how it should be?
Correct yet again.
I've advised several of them NOT to buy a gun.
Either they were scared and incapable of thinking rationally, or just plain fxcking stupid.

I don't want anything to do with these people having access to a firearm.
Let 'em call 911 and hope for the best.
Correct again, for a clean sweep.

Other than the remark about liberals (I seem to be one in comparison to other people) and the comments about NY and Kali-fornia (born in NY currently living in L.A.) we agree point for point. I don't CARE if someone else has or doesn't have a gun. It's none of my business. Likewise it's no one else's business if I choose to have or not have any guns.

Publius pro tem

Reaction score
Aw, the Long Pineys of Northeast Texas is some of the most beautiful country you'll ever see! And good people.
Piney Woods of east Texas?

GTFO.

Evidently you never ran into any of the Hooper clan.
Every inbred, alcohol-guzzling, wife-beating, racist stereotype you ever heard is embraced by them.

They are my extended family - on my Mom's side.

:hmm: :cool:

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with owning a gun, if you're a responsible person, and I believe that's a basic goal we should all share, being responsible.

Owning a gun makes it all about us, what we are and what we stand for. If you want crime a gun will make it easier, true, but it's not the gun's problem but your own. Same if you're irresponsible or careless or whatever. It's not the gun, it's you.

I don't like having a state looking over my every move and telling me 'no, this might be bad for you". I only ask a government to enforce the law and respect my rights, nothing more, but I don't think any government has the right to take away your individuality and turn you into some sort of little kid you need to be looked after.

It's easy to criticize the guns so we don't face any responsibility. When you have no choice, then you can't claim any wisdom out of making the right choice. I believe people should be left alone to make their own choices and face the consequences.

My two cents.

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
I'm wondering what you would do. Your at home and there's a knock at the
door. Federal agents are there and want your guns. What would you do?
I only ask because I wonder what I would do.. Knowing they didn't get their
guns back in New Orleans.

CW

Interesting question. We will probably have seceded from the Union before the feds had an opportunity.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Piney Woods of east Texas?

GTFO.

Evidently you never ran into any of the Hooper clan.
Every inbred, alcohol-guzzling, wife-beating, racist stereotype you ever heard is embraced by them.

They are my extended family - on my Mom's side.

:hmm: :cool:

Well, I was thinking my uncle might be reading here, I didn't want to offend him.

He played upright bass with the Outlaw Bluegrass Band back in the 80s, btw. They toured a triangle of Virginia to Michigan to the high Plains.

Publius pro tem

Reaction score
Hah!

Tell him if he runs into any Hoopers he should probably keep moving.
They've scattered all over east Texas along Hwy. 59 from New Caney to Nacogdoches.
I don't think any of them are in Houston anymore - too metropolitan for them.

I haven't seen any of them in over 15 years - for a reason.
I have no idea if any of the kids I knew turned out worth a sh!t.
The ones I last heard about did not.

The one family tradition I've heard they are keeping alive?
Eliminating themselves from the gene pool using methods worthy of the Darwin Awards.

Between that and recurring jail time for them, maybe they aren't on the road much.

When I hear the young 'uns on the web talk about "haters" and racists, rednecks, bigots, etc?
THIS clan is why I tell 'em they have no idea what they are talking about - they ain't seen sh!t.
I have uncles and cousins that have habitually taken every scary white trash stereotype to bloody heights.
I doubt that all of their offspring have sworn off of such opportunistic/predatory behavior.

I'll leave it at that...

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
I like firearms .... not enough to risk 5 years in Federal prison though as I gave up that right by my own decisions.

If the US was ever invaded .... I would get one, used to qualify expert every qualification on the 16 and the 60 ... the 60 from the air as well hangin out the door of a Huey.

Until then .... just have to go the G. Gorden Liddy route.

Latest Threads