U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms

Deftone

Reaction score
Still a hot topic worthy of discussion. That's what we're all about in the USA.

Amen brother. We're just having a healthy debate. No need for animosity.

Unfortunately, I think threads like this polarize people more than just make them think. But I hope the opposite is true.

Question authority. Skepticism is a good thing.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The proof that this is taking place is self-evident-- yes, the UN really is attempting to cobble together such a treaty as this. Do you really think that the UN and its mega-backers are doing this for the sheer hell of it, or that those US politicians who strongly support this initiative have no purpose in mind as they push for it? Sorry, but what you are seeing here is a globalist trend, and an attempt to craft together legal precedents for a future in which the US Constitution is no longer the operative blueprint for our government. There are many who believe that nationalism must give way to globalism, just as feudalism gave way to nationalism before. And yes, they do exist in the here and now, technology supports the physical possibility of a unilateral federation, and there are even good reasons to think it might be a better way. Of course, the guys who are pushing for it hardest are the ones who stand to gain the most wealth and power via consolidiation. And that's why they push as they do. Think mega-corporations, here...

They will do this in the name of humanity, of course. And of course, most of those pushing it really do fancy themselves to be altruists... highly privileged altruists, and saints on earth who know what's better for the unenlightened commoners than the people themselves do. That is their elitist attitude.

BUT:

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption for authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
--Daniel Webster, former US Secretary of State

Now: every single one of the great US statesmen and patriots have warned us-- over and over-- that we should not implicitly trust our government, and that we should not allow anyone to curtail our freedoms. They go so far as to direct us to be vigilant and constantly aware of initiatives that may affect our liberties. And so I do.

I am in the NRA because I want to support one of the last non-globalist lobbies in this country. I also believe that the 2nd Amendment is vital to the preservation of our liberties, and I am not alone in that sentiment. All of the founding fathers and all of the great statesmen of previous times suggest that we should never be disarmed. And this didn't have a thing to do with shooting robbers or hunting deer, but was instead conceived of as another part of the checks-and-balances of our government system.

Now you guys can trust your favorite team, name brand, party, president, mass media talking head, or whatever. Me, I trust myself, the US Constitution, and guys like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and so forth. And yes: the 2nd Amendment is under attack and has been for quite some time already.

More than one great statesman has cautioned us that vigiliance is the price of liberty, and that we can also occasionally expect to have to fight about it. It's curious to see so many complacent ones, but not as bad as to see those who actually scoff at we who really do remain vigilant. As if complacence is conducive to freedom, and as if there's nobody out there who might wish to take it away...

As if they didn't notice much of anything that happened in the 20th Century... or any other century, for that matter.

--R

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is a messed up world. Corruption's everywhere, there's no humanity left at all or so it seems. It's like everywhere you look you go "hey, another piece of sh!t right there... " lol

The only thing you can do is to protect yourself, don't rely on groups or organizations to tell you what your rights are!

cwness

Reaction score
This is a messed up world. Corruption's everywhere, there's no humanity left at all or so it seems. It's like everywhere you look you go "hey, another piece of sh!t right there... " lol

The only thing you can do is to protect yourself, don't rely on groups or organizations to tell you what your rights are!

Sad but true and why when we see the UN crap and what happened in
New Orleans it's best we keep an eye on these stand up types. Any thing
can happen and we have to be ready. Never want to be complacent.

CW

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
It's curious to see so many complacent ones, but not as bad as to see those who actually scoff at we who really do remain vigilant. As if complacence is conducive to freedom, and as if there's nobody out there who might wish to take it away...

I agree with much of what you say in this post, but I disagree with this equating of a reasonable critique of this particular case with "complacency."

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
I'd love to see some authority, ANY authority, come to Texas and try to take away one gun. As the great citizens of Gonzales told Santa Anna in 1835...

cometakeit.jpg

Detailed History of the October 2, 1835 Come And Take It Flag, & Why.

Grey

Reaction score
I don't own a gun, i've never needed to own a gun, (and i've lived in some less than spectacular parts of Chicago) and I never plan to own one.

Life goes on.

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm in a rough part of KC, and I've expressed that same sentiment in other threads, but people just see things differently man, and there's nothing wrong in itself with owning a gun. Some people can use them efficiently for defense. If you can't, you really shouldn't, though. Because then it's a bit of a liability if your target has the balls to try and grab for it.

cwness

Reaction score
I'd love to see some authority, ANY authority, come to Texas and try to take away one gun. As the great citizens of Gonzales told Santa Anna in 1835...

cometakeit.jpg

Detailed History of the October 2, 1835 Come And Take It Flag, & Why.

I'm wondering what you would do. Your at home and there's a knock at the
door. Federal agents are there and want your guns. What would you do?
I only ask because I wonder what I would do.. Knowing they didn't get their
guns back in New Orleans.

CW

Hamtone

Reaction score
Its not going to happen. Im not complacent but the UN hasnt any authority on the US Constitution, the congress, the supreme court etc. This is general fear mongering to the highest levels.

I can remember in 95 or so people (weirdos) all up in arms that the "un" was doing practice invasions of the us blah blah blah. I was involved in the joint operation at the time and there was no blue helmets landing in Iowa, there wasnt any blue helmets landing in NYC, there was a contingent of about 30 guys from different countries observing and getting training. This ghost story has been pushed in different forms on and off for years. Just like the freaks worried about the "obama army" and the fema concentration camps just outside Mn. Do you know how much money is earned from this crap? The Nra was a great organization but is part of the machine now to. They drive sales with this bs. As I said earlier when everyone was all up in arms that Obama is going to take our guns and so on, he hasnt even pushed for the assault rifle ban crap. Come on guys really.

Im about as diligent as they come and very sensitive and understanding of what our rights are. People find me annoying because I dont miss anything in person. People feel uneasy because Im like the security guard on duty, I always know whats going on...and Im not even paranoid about this bs, you all are fooling yourselves and helping to buy crap and feed the machine.

Publius pro tem

Reaction score
Ham, I have only one issue with what you posted earlier.
The characterization that there's NOTHING to worry about.

I don't like the conspiracy sh!t at all, won't even participate.
But the cold, hard facts, words directly from Democrats mouths, and exposed political douchebaggery?
It exists.
And it is hoped to be misunderstood, therefore, ignored.

You may be watching - good.

I'm in the crowds at the rallies and protests.
I speak at Town Halls.
I irritate the fxck outta local politicos.
I DEMAND answers from these people - or at least piss 'em off.
I bet John McCain's staff would still recognize my voice....

I left Texas for Arizona.
I'm lucky I guess - I could move anywhere I wanted.

I love Arizona, but the independent spirit of Texas is something I miss.
Arizona has been over-run with Californians and northeasterners - I would call them the anti-Texans.

Weepy, wimpy, hand-wringing, bleeding-heart fxckers.

The push to increase taxes never stops.
"When I was in..." STOP RIGHT THERE!
Fxck you.
I don't care how you did when you were back home.

Don't bring your sh!t here.

They see how much lower our property taxes are here than New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Michigan.
Then they figure "Heck, we could raise the rates here to match that and the gov't would have more money."

Infuriating.
Like those states are the model for ANYTHING?

At least in Texas, most of the state will politely ask you to go back to where you came from.
Here in Arizona, they elect you to public office.

Yeah, if I ever leave Arizona my choices are pretty limited.
Too cold in Montana.

Probably be somewhere in Texas - west of I-35.

Publius pro tem

Reaction score
Two things - I will never force somebody to own a gun.
Don't want one?
Don't buy one.

I've helped dozens of people (including a widowed family friend last month) dispose of unwanted guns.

Guns come to them through the family, sometimes worth serious money, and they want them gone.
We're talking heirloom-quality legacy pieces.

"I don't care - I just want them out of my house..."

Okay.
My brother-in-law is great at shopping them around and netting a fair price for them.

All I ask is that you anti-gunners have the same respect and latitude for MY rights.
All is cool then.

The second thing?
I have found that the ones cheering loudest that would never own a gun?
Clueless.
Clueless about gun laws, gun rights, gun ownership, gun safety, gun anything.

Yet they feel qualified to tell 80 million Americans how it should be?

And trust me - I have a hundred stories of people coming to me for gun advice.
The very same people who got spooked by a single close call and now want to protect themselves.

I've advised several of them NOT to buy a gun.
Either they were scared and incapable of thinking rationally, or just plain fxcking stupid.

I don't want anything to do with these people having access to a firearm.
Let 'em call 911 and hope for the best.

cwness

Reaction score
Good post Neo

I too tell people not too buy if they are not going to practice or just use it
to frighten people away. They are the wrong people to have guns.

I had one neighbor up the up the road give me a hard time every time I stop
buy and talked to about having a gun on me. Well one night they here the
door kicked in and all the could do is wait. The husband went to the hospital
from being beat for no reasons just meanness and they robbed them and stole their new car. 2 Weeks after it happens Ed comes to the door and wants to know what steps needed to be taken. Both now have CC and both have a pistol. I set up a range for practice and it does my heart good to here shots coming from their place. They have joined in with the rest of the neighbors when we have little shoots. To bad they had to learn the hard way. By the way the robbers only had pipes as weapons.

CW

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Yeah, if I ever leave Arizona my choices are pretty limited.
Too cold in Montana.

Probably be somewhere in Texas - west of I-35.

Aw, the Long Pineys of Northeast Texas is some of the most beautiful country you'll ever see! And good people.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm in a rough part of KC, and I've expressed that same sentiment in other threads, but people just see things differently man, and there's nothing wrong in itself with owning a gun. Some people can use them efficiently for defense. If you can't, you really shouldn't, though. Because then it's a bit of a liability if your target has the balls to try and grab for it.

This is very true. If you're not familiar, and you haven't taken classes handling a gun can be a liability.

If you also don't have the balls to pull the trigger in do or die, then it's a liability.

Hamtone

Reaction score
This is very true. If you're not familiar, and you haven't taken classes handling a gun can be a liability.

If you also don't have the balls to pull the trigger in do or die, then it's a liability.

Best way to overcome the fear of shooting a person is to have your finger on the button when you unholster and pull the trigger as your arms extend out all in one motion. Do not hesitate do not contemplate just operate the machine, thats all.

Latest Threads