U.K. luthier recommendation for fretboard replacement.

Brek

Reaction score
My local trusted luthier is not taking on this kind of work anymore as he is concentrating on building his own stuff at the moment. I want a recommendation please of someone competent to do a fretboard steam off and replacement. Thanks.

Nimco

Reaction score
Where in the UK are you based?

Generally I didn't have much success with London based luthiers. Feline Guitars are great but can be expensive, and are located in Kent.

Last edited:

Brek

Reaction score
north-east england. yeah thats why i am asking for recommendations. only takes one to ruin it.

geddy

Reaction score
I would recommend Charlie Chandler. He has an impressive pedigree. Also based in South East though (Kingston). Has to be said that the biggest jobs I've had done were fitting a pickup to an accoustic and replacing nuts/setups but check out the guitars he has worked on.

Brek

Reaction score
I have heard good things about their guitar setups, combination of pleK and manual skills used or so I heard. It’s a shame my local chap isn’t doing it, but cannot force him lol. It’s hide glue so makes it a tad easier for someone used to such stuff. I know of a guy in Wales but was hoping not to have to travel that kind of distance (not posting ever again).

geddy

Reaction score
I believe that Charlie repaired the PG LP amongst others. Unfortunately I don't live close anymore but intend to still use him. Where in Wales is your guy? I'm in Wales now and looking for someone closer

jwinger

Reaction score
I would recommend Charlie Chandler. He has an impressive pedigree. Also based in South East though (Kingston). Has to be said that the biggest jobs I've had done were fitting a pickup to an accoustic and replacing nuts/setups but check out the guitars he has worked on.
I've used Charlie for all sorts of work on new and vintage instruments. Never had anything than fantastic service and results. Recommended

Brek

Reaction score
Thanks, once in a position (I.e.I find a blank) will give them a call.

redking

Reaction score
The chaps on That Pedal Show use Jonny Kinkead - don't know if that is anywhere close to where you are?

Latest Threads