Typical eBay Bulls**t

stinkfoot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I don't know why I even bothered after reading story after story of the bullshit people pull off on eBay.

As is the norm, mine is the case of buyer's remorse as I have no other explanation for it.

Last week I decided to let go of some computer parts I have laying around. One of the items, a decent mid-range video card. Set the price at just below half what similar used cards have been listed and selling at.

Within 24 hrs it sells. It's packed up and sent to the buyer.

On the same day he gets it, I get the e-mail. "The card doesn't work, and I tried it on two computers.". Naturally this raised a red flag because just before I packed it I tested it out on my computer. That plus when I was a cable tech I heard the same bullshit story hundreds of times pertaining to cable modems and or cable boxes.. I go over a few things with him, make sure you are using the correct power supply plug, make sure the power supply can handle the card (500 watts per manufacturer).

Next day he comes back claims he tried it on two computers with 750 watt power supplies and he claims the computer will not even boot. :hmm:

Now even though the chances of a video card (well packed with electrostatic protection) not making the 45-50 mile trip via the USPS is rare, I cannot conclude this is impossible, so I ask him to send it back..

The card arrived today so I go to test it out.. and guess what..

As I thought - it works - tested all four connections and all four work. Hell I hooked the bastard up to three monitors at once - since it's rated to do that - and again all three monitors display fine.

I opened up a claim with eBay, but I expect them to side with the buyer who in all likelihood had buyer's remorse and changed his mind. I guess this will be on me since I decided to be nice by offering to return right away and not making him prove the card is really defective.

Idiots.. If this is typical, which it seems per the many posts on eBay's community pages, I can't see how anybody can run a business through eBay and actually make any money.

I guess the bottom line is this: people suck.

Laaz

Banned
Reaction score
Yep, pretty typical these days.

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That guy is a dick. eBay's terms and conditions is dickish. Buying and selling on there is dogey. I'm sorry that happened to you, stinkfoot.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Bummer. This is the main reason I won't transact online. People behave much differently face-to-face.

RobinOC

Reaction score
I've had better luck selling through Craigslist.

stinkfoot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
and the truth comes out.. he has a computer that was last produced in 2007.. a quick search I found three old posts from other people with the same computer who tried the same video card - all failed.

worf-startrek-facepalm.gif

Latest Threads